Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
are they or 1/1's or just junk?

Curious what opinions are ?
I say junk as in they shouldn't count as real cards in terms of checklists. Still kinda cool, just not necessary for a collector.
I like them as they are different.
I like them but don't feel compelled to go out of my way unless it's a decent price.
(12-05-2013 06:56 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]I like them but don't feel compelled to go out of my way unless it's a decent price.

+1 ... kinda the way I feel ...

I picked up a couple between 6-8$ and have seen a few for crazy asking prices.
I lost one by a dollar... At $52, just felt they WAY overpaid
I have many and I wouldnt call them junk, just proofs
I like them. The thing is that they are made by the company and are actual cards. Like it was mentioned, they are just proofs. I wouldn't pay to much for them, but I want all of the Douglas's cards. I need the 2008 Stadium club I saw back then. I didn't pull the trigger on it for 19.99 and now I kind of regret it.
im kind of between the two answers, but lean to junk

they arent real 1/1's. they are better than the aftermarket "special olympics" stamped 1/1's, but less than say, print plates or like baseball's "topps moments and milestones" set which had about 4 billion 1/1's

even though they are "real", they arent from a pack

if you can get them cheap, sure, why not for a player collector. but if they go over say, 12 dollars...i aint missing them if i aint gettin' them
(12-06-2013 08:10 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]if you can get them cheap, sure, why not for a player collector. but if they go over say, 12 dollars...i aint missing them if i aint gettin' them

Agree!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's