Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Good or Bad Trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for all the advice in advance.

I am also posting this in the Baseball forum since it is a mix trade.

I GAVE:

$65

BGS 9.5 (10 Auto) Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome Auto Refractor #/500 RC

Ben McLemore Hoops Auto RC

I RECEIVED:

2012 PSA Mint 9 Andrew Luck Rookie Ticket Autograph (one-hand on ball.)

Thanks for all your input as I felt it was pretty even but I really am not sure.
I assume when you say rookie ticket auto for the Luck that you are referring to Contenders. And in that case I would say that yes you did very well in my opinion. Congrats.
If you are happy with it, it was a good trade.
The only thing that really matters in a trade is if you are happy with it. Like if someone has a card I really want for my own pc then I'll trade almost twice what it's worth to get it. And it's worth it to me because I want it for my collection. Now if trading to better trade bait well then I'm harder to trade with unless I know I can do a lot better with what I'm trading for.
(12-04-2013 02:02 AM)aldridgejohn28 Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that really matters in a trade is if you are happy with it. Like if someone has a card I really want for my own pc then I'll trade almost twice what it's worth to get it. And it's worth it to me because I want it for my collection. Now if trading to better trade bait well then I'm harder to trade with unless I know I can do a lot better with what I'm trading for.

In one trade a few months back I gave up almost double book value of what I got back ... I gave up like six Contenders SP autos that I pulled from blasters — no players or teams that I collected — and traded them for a Cam Newton jersey auto RC/199.

So technically, from a book value standpoint it was a "horrible" trade — but I was very happy with it, as Cam is one of my main PC guys and it was from one of my favorite products.
as others said, if you're happy that is all that matters.

I traded 3 Percy Harvin rookie autos and $40 cash for a single Marshawn Lynch auto card I wanted for my PC, and one of his letters from 2012 NT.
I HAVE TRADED AUTOS FOR DALLAS COWBOYS MEM OR RCS. PC HAS MORE VALUE TO THE COLLECTOR THAT BECKETT COULD NEVER PUT A PRICE ON.
Reference URL's