Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Black Friday Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not really a trading post, so if the MODs move or delete this I'll understand

I know it's a week early but I'm looking for any input from my fellow members about what to do next Friday(Black Friday)

I've already set aside a little bit to spend on cards on Black Friday but I'm not totally sure what I want to do.

Do I buy 2 "cheaper" boxes straight from Panini, who will charge MSRP, so I can get a good handful of Black Friday packs(don't have an LCS who will carry the packs) or do I forget about the BF packs and take that same amout and buy better or more boxes on sale at Blowout?

I guess the real question is, are the hits that could come out of the BF packs big enough to warrant that purchase or stick to trying for big hits out of better brands?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys!
I WOULD SAY BUY FROM PANINI AND TAKE A CHANCE ON BF PACKS. WHEN I BUY FROM LCS AS THEY HAVE PACKS IN HAND THEY SPREAD THEM OUT ON GLASS COUNTER AND I CHOOSE. HOWEVER EVERY TIME I HAVE CHOSEN THEY ARE ALL FLAT SO NOT SURE IF THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THICKER PACKS OR THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN PUT ASIDE FOR THE REALLY BIG SPENDERS.
You will be better off spreading it out over some of the deals that come up on Blowout, DACardworld, and other sites. I have done BF packs and Fathers Day packs directly from Panini before and it can be extremely hit or miss. The odds are you will not get enough extra value from the BF packs to offset the extra cost of the boxes.
Reference URL's