Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a buy it now of Andrew Luck 2012 Panini Contender BGS 9.5

Is it worth to pay $2,000 for?
do you have the money? is it something you want? is it an investment? If you want it and can afford it, get it. The other questions are just that...it's a great card imo
(11-22-2013 01:48 PM)themaceo Wrote: [ -> ]Found a buy it now of Andrew Luck 2012 Panini Contender BGS 9.5

Is it worth to pay $2,000 for?
how much would that card be if it was say, a bgs 8? is it really worth it to have a card that is very slightly in better condition, almost microcosmically so?
(11-22-2013 02:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]how much would that card be if it was say, a bgs 8? is it really worth it to have a card that is very slightly in better condition, almost microcosmically so?
That is the same way I feel about most graded cards. The idea of grading for authenticity or for vintage cards makes a lot of sense to me (as it gives a 3rd parties opinion about the condition of a vintage card, which typically is not in mint condition). However the absurd amounts that a modern card seems to appreciate in value is ridiculous simply because it has been deemed to be in ever so slightly better condition.
I agree... Save your money.. Graded new cards are a scam...
Reference URL's