Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: McGloin Autos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted the link before when I first learned this card existed and since then, 2 other autos have hit eBay and 2 complete sets in which I assume the McGloin is in.

The 8/15 was first sold for $7
Bought and resold for $260
Now listed at $1200

The 9/15 set is listed for $6800 buy it now

The 15/15 set was listed for $3500 BIN or best offer which I dont think was really all that bad. If you were able to get it for 2500 or 2000 you were only paying around $12.50 or $12.00 a card for pretty much all Ebay 1 of 1's (15/15). If I had that kind of money just lying around I would have thought about flipping it.

UD did say that McGloin will be featured in SP Authentic and Im assuming since he has signed stickers for Upper Deck (which he didn't when UD was released) there will be Autos of him in SP Authentic. Anyone agree?

Anyway, if he loses this week, wont these cards just plummet?
More than likely, yes.
There is a reason the Jacksonvilles and the Clevelands of the world pass on these guys like seven times each in the draft.

(And no need for the "Brady defense" here ... for every Brady that made it — one, to be exact — there are 10,000 guys who didn't.)

Sell while you can.
Im a huge fan of McGloin (as Im a huge PSU fan) but I selfishly want him to lose to his cards go down to a price I can afford because I need it for my collection.

Maybe he could lose this week, the prices plummet, I buy one, he starts because Pryor is still hurt again and goes on to win a super bowl. That'd be a nice win win situation.
(11-20-2013 02:45 PM)mkufta Wrote: [ -> ]Im a huge fan of McGloin (as Im a huge PSU fan) but I selfishly want him to lose to his cards go down to a price I can afford because I need it for my collection.

Maybe he could lose this week, the prices plummet, I buy one, he starts because Pryor is still hurt again and goes on to win a super bowl. That'd be a nice win win situation.

Having said what I said, hey, I hope I'm wrong — he had a great first game, maybe he can keep it going.

I mean, there is a reason they kept him initially over Tyler Wilson (fourth round pick), so maybe there's something there.

By all accounts he was a good leader at PSU throughout the controversy, and sometimes that counts for a lot (being able to throw the ball helps).

It would be nice if the Raiders had a true, legit QB they could count on for the next few years ... no reason he can't be that guy.

He certainly has an opportunity — I don't think they'll go back to Pryor if he continues to play well.

The true test will come when there's a little more film on him ... see Kaepernick, Colin, for more on this!

And don't freak on the high prices — more products will come out, and the companies usually do a pretty good job of making them available at all price points.
I was thinking the same thing... why would they have him sign 15 stickers? They wouldnt so i now cant wait till SPA comes out and hope to get a Mcgloin auto. Wish it was on card but beggers cant be choosers.
(11-20-2013 12:59 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a reason the Jacksonvilles and the Clevelands of the world pass on these guys like seven times each in the draft.

(And no need for the "Brady defense" here ... for every Brady that made it — one, to be exact — there are 10,000 guys who didn't.)

Sell while you can.

Yeah, they'd rather draft Quinn's, Mc'Coys, Weedens and Gabberts in lieu of hidden gems. They'd rather draft garbage in the first few rounds.
Seems to happen every year with someone. This years colin Kaepernick, unless you are truly elite, your prices might hold firm, he's new so everyone over pays then he gets a few under his belt and prices drop. Kudos for the guy that bought if for $7 and flipped it. But really I can buy Veteran Elite stuff for way cheaper than these asking prices.... Save your money guys!
(11-20-2013 10:47 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they'd rather draft Quinn's, Mc'Coys, Weedens and Gabberts in lieu of hidden gems. They'd rather draft garbage in the first few rounds.

They can't all be Matt Stafford, my friend! Go Lions!
(11-21-2013 08:36 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]They can't all be Matt Stafford, my friend! Go Lions!

You know - watching Stafford in college, you knew he'd be NFL quality. Couldn't say the same about Bradford or McCoy, Clausen, etc...

Stafford would walk to the line...go through the motions, then call his own audibles. I've not seen a UGA QB do that in any recent memory (or any Big 12/PAC 10-12 QB). Everyone walks to the line, barks out some things - then looks to the sideline.

Stafford never did. He called his own plays.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's