Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Happy Veterans Day!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey any veterans on the board thank you for you service! Personally I served 10 years in the Air Force reserves and I am still enlisted.
Same to you! I spent 8 yrs active duty and still in the ANG. 3yrs till I can retire!

(11-11-2013 01:25 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey any veterans on the board thank you for you service! Personally I served 10 years in the Air Force reserves and I am still enlisted.
Thanks to all who served and currently serving. Text below is from the description section of the video and puts it in full context:

On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a drug store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the stores PA asking customers who would still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.

Terry was impressed with the stores leadership role in adopting the Legions two minutes of silence initiative. He felt that the stores contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable.

When eleven oclock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for the two minutes of silence to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect.

Terrys anger towards the father for trying to engage the stores clerk in conversation and for setting a bad example for his child was channeled into a beautiful piece of work called, A Pittance of Time. Terry later recorded A Pittance of Time and included it on his full-length music CD, The Power of the Dream.

Thank You to the Royal Canadian Legion Todmorden Branch #10 and Woodbine Height Branch #2 for their participation in the Video.

Thanks as well to all the Veterans on the boards. 11 year Veteran of the Army. Proud of all of you!!
Thanks to all my brethren that have served and still serving.
Currently I have 59 days and a wake up and I will be leaving my beloved Marine Corps after 20 years of service. I have had the opportunity to serve along side the Army, Navy, and Air Force in a multitude of different situations and at the end of the day we all belong to the same family. Thank you again many times over.
-Rob
Served 22 years active duty U.S. Army... Retired 1SG/E-8... Hooah!!!! Hence the name "Sargieboy" Smile
Currently have 10 years under my belt active duty Air Force stationed at ramstein ab, Germany. I have roughly a year and a half and ill be heading back to the states. Cant wait!
Wow didn't realize how many long timers and "lifers" were on the boards. Did my 4 years 4 months with the Marine Corps before I decided it was time to serve elsewhere. Thank you all for your on going service! Happy Veterans day!
I didn't serve. I was too young for Viet Nam and too old for everything else. But I am proud of all you guys who did serve. Thanks to all of you!!
(11-11-2013 01:25 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey any veterans on the board thank you for you service! Personally I served 10 years in the Air Force reserves and I am still enlisted.
Thank you. U.S. Army. Viet-Nam 1966-1967. Thank you for your service as well. Regards, Bill
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's