Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I stopped by a card shop today and was browsing through a $.50 card bin and came across this 1999 Donruss Stat Line of Randy Moss. I always thought the Stat Line cards were numbered and booked pretty decent. This one wasn't numbered, but I decided to just get it anyway. After looking in the database, it says the Stat Line parallel for card #72 is /18. Of course this one isn't numbered though. Is this card that I found really out of 18 and just didn't get stamped, or are these more common than that? Any help is appreciated Smile

[Image: mosserror1001_zpsdc398c23.jpg]

[Image: mosserror2001_zps167d83de.jpg]
My guess is it was a replacement that made it out after donruss went out of business.

Still a cool find for .50
(09-10-2013 09:47 PM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is it was a replacement that made it out after donruss went out of business.

Still a cool find for .50

BINGO!
So is it actually valuable?
(09-10-2013 09:57 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]So is it actually valuable?

Minimal Value
(09-10-2013 09:57 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]So is it actually valuable?

Id throw it on the bay and see what offers you get. May get an offer that may surprise you.
Beckett has an error in the listing for this card both in terms of print run and value. The print run for that Randy Moss 1999 Donruss Career Stat Line card should be 69 (as indicated by the "69 receptions" listed just above where the serial number should be). I am guessing the value listed is because of the print run listed and not on actual sales of the card, as it the value was probably entered based on a multiplier and not actual sales.
Regardless, your card was not a released card and was most likely kept by Donruss as a potential replacement for a damaged card. The didn't serial number them until a damaged card was returned, so that they could match the serial number of the returned card. I am not sure how many of these Donruss made, but one would expect it to be less than the actual print run of the card. The same card is listed on eBay right now and has been there for over a month. I am not sure where they are getting the quoted "BV" as the unnumbered card isn't listed and the serial numbered card doesn't book for as much as they quote.
That makes a lot of sense. So they just dumped these cards when they went bankrupt? I guess I'll just hang on to it and see if a Moss collector might need it for a collection and just trade it for whatever they feel is fair.
(09-10-2013 11:07 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]That makes a lot of sense. So they just dumped these cards when they went bankrupt? I guess I'll just hang on to it and see if a Moss collector might need it for a collection and just trade it for whatever they feel is fair.

There is interest in them for sure! Its just more of a curiosity buy. For example I bought some Colbert ones. I paid around $1-2 Plus shipping for each one I have bought so far. I think its a good buy at 50 cents.
I have the same Barry Sanders, not stamped, however I pulled it in a pack back in 1999. Mine is the Stat Line Career that should be /99, but it isn't stamped.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's