Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a box of Prime Signatures form panini website store to get some fathers day packs. But maybe me being wishful thinking I didn't know this product only has one pack of four cards with one of them being an auto. I've seen what some of the autos go for and the odds that I'm getting a .99 auto of a fifth string WR is big and the other base cards go for nothing. So in conclusion I just spent $60 on a product that almost guarantees a return of a few bucks. Such a big difference in price to value for this product. If it was two autos and a patch with base I wouldn't card. But one auto for $60!!!!

What do you think I can get for the box of Prime Signatures and fathers day packs to get back some money?
I would say at most what you paid. The Father's Day packs you could very well get a good card (I got a few good ones), but I would say it's hit or miss with the Prime Signatures. I got two boxes and got one ok Vet auto /25, and one undrafted FA Rams guy that is worth 10 bucks... Overall, I think I broke even in value with what I paid, at least with the PS boxes, the Father's Day packs made up for it a little bit, I think. If you really want to get rid of it, I would say post it on the bay, BIN for 45-50 and free shipping, and you only are out a little in the proposition, and you can still open the Father's Day packs.
to me it was either going to be a hit or miss, and I knew that before I ordered. the only reason I even ordered was because I never participated in any of their promo's before, and I kicked myself for not doing the last one at super bowl time. so I took a shot this time.

here's my thread.

http://beckett.com/forums/thread-1538566.html
I bought 3 of the boxes ($60 a piece) as well once they did the added bonus of extra Father's Day packs. I did a quick calculation based on eBay completed auctions. I figured that for the 12 Father's Day packs (4 per box) I could easily get $100 back, so long as one of them was thick. If more than 1 was thick then I could get more. That meant that I was only left with $80 to make back on the 3 boxes. I can sell the boxes and make about $40 a piece on them, which means I would end up making $40 (which would be about 22% return on investment). I could also just sell 2 of the boxes and open the 3rd essentially for free. Alternatively, I could sell all 3 boxes and open the Father's Day packs, which would mean I essentially paid $60 for 12 Father's Day packs (which is much less than they have been going for in auctions).
I still haven't decided what to do yet, as I may just open everything. It really just depends on how lucky I feel when I get the box in the mail, and probably also depends on how many thick packs I get of the Father's Day packs.
(06-24-2013 08:08 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a box of Prime Signatures form panini website store to get some fathers day packs. But maybe me being wishful thinking I didn't know this product only has one pack of four cards with one of them being an auto. I've seen what some of the autos go for and the odds that I'm getting a .99 auto of a fifth string WR is big and the other base cards go for nothing. So in conclusion I just spent $60 on a product that almost guarantees a return of a few bucks. Such a big difference in price to value for this product. If it was two autos and a patch with base I wouldn't card. But one auto for $60!!!!

What do you think I can get for the box of Prime Signatures and fathers day packs to get back some money?

Would you trade for the the Prime Sig box?

PM me if interested
Reference URL's