Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: N/A pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering my fellow beckett members opinion on this. How do YOU guys determine a BV of a card that is N/A due to it being so scarce is usually the case. Does it have to be a "good" player OR do you just acknowledge it as a scarce card no matter the player? Im curious as to how some of you think of this.. because it all affects trading and selling(if you wish to sell that is).
I think the scarcity of the card adds value in itself then the player reflects how much higher it should be.... lets see what our thoughts are!
as an appraiser:

i take the value of similar cards or sale of similar cards of the same player, and compare it to values/sales from the same set of other players. if im going by sales on ebay, i know those are less than retail value, so i bump it up a bit
I found a good way to do it via another member here. If it's a 1/1 for example, I'd take the value of the /25 card, and usually go 4x times that value, but if it's a say /10, I'll go 2x the value of the /25 or around that and see.

Also, depends if it's auto, auto/jersey, or just a base.

If it's a player I PC, then the value goes up a little bit more or if the player is on a rise as well. Kaepernick is a good example last year I think. His values were so-so, and then he did great for a few games, and values went high quick
These all make sense... thank you!
I think it all depends on the player... for instance, take a Hank Baskett rookie auto /25... might be worth $15 according to Beckett. If it was a TRUE 1/1, is it really worth $60??? (The 4x application that someone mentioned) I don't think so! So there will be variables thrown into the mix...
To me it's worth whatever the top bidder thinks its worth... List it at .99 cents, 7-10 days and let it roll...Smile
(04-18-2013 03:10 PM)usafshelland Wrote: [ -> ]I think it all depends on the player... for instance, take a Hank Baskett rookie auto /25... might be worth $15 according to Beckett. If it was a TRUE 1/1, is it really worth $60??? (The 4x application that someone mentioned) I don't think so! So there will be variables thrown into the mix...

$60 seems about right to me. What do you think it would be worth?
this is a really tough one ..... if it's a RC 1/1 I usually use a 5-6X factor over it's closest priced card, if it's a Vet 1/1 I usually use a 4X factor ..... if it's a "cut" HOF'r the sky's the limit Smile

we have "cut" 1/1's that are priceless to us, and unless your throwing a graded 9.5 Tom Brady RC auto at us there's no way we're letting them go Wink

if it's a scrub who's never played a down in the NFL, or a draft bust I use it for a coaster Wink

now when I factor things out I only consider this for TV not SV ..... SV can be much higher in a lot of cases ..... I really guess it depends just how much someone wants your card and vice versa ..... we've traded well over for a N/A card we have really wanted just to complete a set Smile

it's kind of like patch cards, folks think because it's a two or three colour patch they can "demand" 2-3X high book, and some folks will trade for it ..... it's just supply and demand I guess Blush
Reference URL's