Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-29-2013 07:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]I quit shipping outside of the US the day I decided to ship EVERYTHING with DC ... trades, sales, high-end, low-end, doesn't matter.

I had sold a 1/1 for $52, sent it in a bubble mailer (with no DC) to some guy in Kentucky, and of course he said he never got it.

PayPal took my $52 away from me until I convinced them to give it back.

So the next time I went to ship some Young Guns off to Canada, I asked the PO guy how much it would cost for tracking to Canada, and he said I would need to send it through customs for like $11.95.

Guess what? No one wanted to pay $12 for shipping, and after the 1/1 debacle I said I would never send a card out without some kind of tracking number again.

DC to Canada is an option I believe now.
it only cost me like 2.00 to ship there. 3oz in bubble mailer
I have a unique situation i have lived in both countries and have done extensive shipping both ways.

Tips
Make the Package as thin as possible.
in canada we're allowed 100 grams or about 4 ish ounces otherwise it goes up to around $5
Delivery Confirmation to canada does not work. Canada Post has no obligation to USPS to let you know if what you sent is delivered. Keep that in mind.
If the value of the trade/sale is over...$75? (whatever you find affordable to replace if "lost" or "never received" Make the buyer in a sale pay the shipping or dont sell to them. US to Canada especially.
Keep in mind it does take anywhere from 2-3 weeks standard shipping.

I did box breaks for a long time to the states costed 2.05 less than 100g and $4.10 over 100g but not over 255 and canada was 1.35 and 3.10. simple walmart bubble wrap envelopes and spread the cards out.

You can ship to Canada from the states a small package for about 2.75 last i did it.

Another thing doesnt USPS still have Flat Rate international envelopes at the PO? free envelopes and i think the first level is like.....4.95? Correct me if im wrong but its like a 8x11 envelope.
(01-29-2013 10:37 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing doesnt USPS still have Flat Rate international envelopes at the PO? free envelopes and i think the first level is like.....4.95? Correct me if im wrong but its like a 8x11 envelope.

to Canada it is now $19.95 flat rate

(01-29-2013 08:14 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: [ -> ]DC to Canada is an option I believe now.

No DC to Canada, only a proof of mailing slip, which cost $1.20 extra, and all it is is a slip that says you turned in an envelope at the PO with a Canadian Address on it, and then they stamp it with the date, no tracking.
Flat rate is not useful unless you are shipping something very heavy, like 20 pounds heavy.
But be sure to check what the PO cashier is charging you for. They are always trying to upcharge, they will add on fees for bubble mailers that are not bendable, are over 1/4" thick. Those 2 alone will rocket a 5 oz item from $3.05 to $7.70.

Do yourself a favor, buy some 65 cents stamps and slap 4 of them and a forever stamp on the bubble mailer and drop it in the box.
Or you can subscribe to the USPS at home postage and print your own lables out. It cost about $10 a month..so if you do a lot of shipping it may be the way to go. Otherwise use the stamps.
(01-29-2013 10:47 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]to Canada it is now $19.95 flat rate

No DC to Canada, only a proof of mailing slip, which cost $1.20 extra, and all it is is a slip that says you turned in an envelope at the PO with a Canadian Address on it, and then they stamp it with the date, no tracking.

Sounds as if DC to Canada is only available through eBay labels for now...

http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/01/se...ance-more/

(01-29-2013 10:47 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]to Canada it is now $19.95 flat rate

Look into this. I got an a email Saturday saying it was new feature from the change in rates.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's