Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I look everyday for new Triple Threads jersey cards on the bay and I saw something that puzzled me...they have redemptions for game used cards, no auto, just jersey. Say what?
First time I've heard of that... And that is pretty damn lazy.
(01-17-2013 12:21 PM)nineof Wrote: [ -> ]First time I've heard of that... And that is pretty damn lazy.

One is Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace...all of them have cards out in that set with the jersey pieces. So it's not like they don't have the pieces.
(01-17-2013 12:22 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: [ -> ]One is Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace...all of them have cards out in that set with the jersey pieces. So it's not like they don't have the pieces.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's just plain stupid rather than lazy. I honestly would rather have the card companies not make the card instead of inserting redemptions. Or maybe insert them in next years products.
it's not like they need to find "game used" jerseys to cut up or anything... they have a HUGE supply of "event worn" and fake jersey pieces to make a crapload of garbage jersey cards for collectors...
That is really bad! I can understand having to put a redemption out because of a delay in the player signing the cards. But that is the only reason a redemption should ever be used.
The only thing I can figure is so that it doesn't get damaged while in the pack, but that's just plain bad
Maybe they are actually going to honor ACTUAL game used jersey's and waiting to receive them, odd.

I know Panini just striked up a deal with the Bronco's for game worn jersey's.
This use to actually be normal. In the early 2000's there were plenty of jersey card redemptions in topps products. That was when autographs were a lot more difficult.
(01-17-2013 02:38 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I can figure is so that it doesn't get damaged while in the pack, but that's just plain bad

That has NEVER stopped them before. See Inception, Topps, for more.
Reference URL's