Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bears Hired Montreal Alouettes' Marc Trestman as the New Head Coach

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/st...stman.html

While the Eagles hired Chip Kelly

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/st...coach.html
Yeah I hope it was the right decision.
Shows how much liars these guys are, first Nick Saban and now Chip Kelly
I think Trestman will be a good fit for the Bears. He has a proven track record in aiding the careers of quarterbacks and has won two titles in the CFL.

The Chip Kelly to Philly to me is joke. First off, they are going to have to revamp the whole offense to fit his style. They will most likely keep Vick or try and draft Geno Smtih since he is the best in this years draft at running the fast pace offense.

I see Chicago performing much better next year than the Eagles.... again.
i saw this as a possible a week ago on WGN..he is a proven winner with stats and a fire up attitude to go with it...
i LIKE it...change is good
been a brutal 25 years...we need a full make-over if you ask me......lmao....
Not kidding really
Smile
OH...as an Oregonian...watching him all this time up close...chip will SUCK in the NFL...Phili is just an Early Exit.
Smile
Heck...
They HATE Santa there...LMFAO...losers
Being an Eagles fan I am excited about Chip Kelly. I think he will change his offense to fit the NFL, and I hope he gets rid of Vick and gives Foles a chance. We still need a good D-coor, cause are D is horrific.
As a packer fan, I love this!!! Nothing like your biggest rival hiring a guy with NO NFL Head Coaching experience to take over their franchise. The idea is so flawed, sure he has history working with great Quarterbacks, but the QB is the least of that team's worries. If this guy was so great what the hell is he doing in Canada? That's like hiring a european coach to coach the LA Lakers.

Love it Chicago...keep on doing what you do best...
(01-17-2013 05:38 AM)BigBadBootyDaddy Wrote: [ -> ]As a packer fan, I love this!!! Nothing like your biggest rival hiring a guy with NO NFL Head Coaching experience to take over their franchise. The idea is so flawed, sure he has history working with great Quarterbacks, but the QB is the least of that team's worries. If this guy was so great what the hell is he doing in Canada? That's like hiring a european coach to coach the LA Lakers.

Love it Chicago...keep on doing what you do best...

Stupid Bears! Always hire a guy who's led an NFL team! Unless you're the 49'ers, Falcons, or Ravens. I guess it worked out for them. Maybe the Steelers, too?

I applaud that they did this instead of picking up one of those "head coaches" that goes from team to team with little or no success.
(01-17-2013 06:12 AM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid Bears! Always hire a guy who's led an NFL team! Unless you're the 49'ers, Falcons, or Ravens. I guess it worked out for them. Maybe the Steelers, too?

I applaud that they did this instead of picking up one of those "head coaches" that goes from team to team with little or no success.

The biggest difference between Trestman and those coaches is real simple...Trestman hasn't been associated with any NFL team or players in 7 years. The game has changed in seven years.

Jim Harbaugh played in the league almost 15 years and was fresh out of college, which he spent preparing players for the NFL. Meanwhile Trestman was coaching players not good enough to make it in the NFL to play against other players not good enough to play in the NFL. If I where a bear fan, a fan of one of the truly historic teams in all the league, and this was the best they could do...I'd be furious. Lovie Smith was a solid coach too, so you fire a solid coach and replace him with a guy who has been in canada for 7 years? This is going to blow up right in their face. I would have taken a shot at Jay Gruden, Kyle Shannahan or Tom Clements, at least they have recent history in running an NFL offense and doing so with success.
(01-17-2013 06:39 AM)BigBadBootyDaddy Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest difference between Trestman and those coaches is real simple...Trestman hasn't been associated with any NFL team or players in 7 years. The game has changed in seven years.

Jim Harbaugh played in the league almost 15 years and was fresh out of college, which he spent preparing players for the NFL. Meanwhile Trestman was coaching players not good enough to make it in the NFL to play against other players not good enough to play in the NFL. If I where a bear fan, a fan of one of the truly historic teams in all the league, and this was the best they could do...I'd be furious. Lovie Smith was a solid coach too, so you fire a solid coach and replace him with a guy who has been in canada for 7 years? This is going to blow up right in their face. I would have taken a shot at Jay Gruden, Kyle Shannahan or Tom Clements, at least they have recent history in running an NFL offense and doing so with success.

He was in Canada for five years actually. I think it's a solid coaching choice. Why recycle the same old same old when instead you can go outside the box for some real change? This guy made Scott Mitchell and Jake Plummer look good in addition to having Rich Gannon win MVP, so I imagine Jay Cutler taking a leap forward, which obviously I don't want. Even if it doesn't work out I applaud them for taking a risk instead of doing the same thing again.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's