Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Sage hit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone collect these? I see theres not much value on them, you can buy the rg3 auto for $50 whats the deal? Anyone have more info for me as a new collector about this product
People seem to value them less - not sure why - a signature on a sticker is a signature on a sticker! They just don't hold value. Also, the lack of any logos (college and NFL) dissuade some from collecting.

I will say, personally I can't stand their recent card designs.
It's just not a popular or particularly good looking product.
(01-16-2013 01:49 AM)bmansell33 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone collect these? I see theres not much value on them, you can buy the rg3 auto for $50 whats the deal? Anyone have more info for me as a new collector about this product

Sage and Press Pass lost the collegiate license a few years ago. I was a big Press Pass guy (I'm a big college football fan) and would dip into Sage if Press Pass didn't have a certain guy.

Both brands are hideous now. I'm not all that interested in a card with a picture of a player from the shoulders up, in a plain uniform with no helmet on. It just doesn't do it for me and I think a lot of other people feel the same way, hence the prices.
I agree with you guys about the design/appeal of the sets, especially since the loss of the licenses ... but I will say this ... because they come out so early in the release cycle, the autos themselves tend to be much more crisp and clean, and usually more full.

Plus, most if not all of the Press Pass autos are on-card, so that's a plus.

As for the RGIII SAGE auto, yes I have one, and I love the sig itself, but man, him posing with those two random kids has got to be one of the worst football card photos of all time.

Why didn't they just use the photo on the back of the card (he's at least in uniform!) ... ???

I'm a USC fan, so I'm already looking forward to Barkley's stuff in the next couple of months.
I'm a Penn State fan and will grab one auto of each new rookie but will definitely pass on both Sage and Press Pass but will agree, the autos are much more crisp. In later products they just start scribbling. However, I think the look of the card unfortunately outweighs the on card and crispiness of the auto.
(01-16-2013 01:49 AM)bmansell33 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone collect these? I see theres not much value on them, you can buy the rg3 auto for $50 whats the deal? Anyone have more info for me as a new collector about this product

I put together 2 sets and have a ton of dupes LMK if you need any I have some sutos as well
Just remove the "AGE" and you have my opinion. Smile
crappy products... no real licensing, and weak designs... what's to like??? now, I am still picking up one of all the Harrisons I can, but I am trying to supercollect him... if not I wouldn't even bother...
Reference URL's