Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have an Aaron Rodgers Rookie Card Topps Football 50th Anniversary. I've looked on the online Beckett and there are only 3 listed when I search. I see others selling on eBay for a few dollars, but in the Beckett it says it's a $200 card. Can somebody tell me if this is a reprint or original and how to tell the difference? I've attached the photos of the card. Thank you!

Michael
(12-10-2012 04:34 PM)chitown2387 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have an Aaron Rodgers Rookie Card Topps Football 50th Anniversary. I've looked on the online Beckett and there are only 3 listed when I search. I see others selling on eBay for a few dollars, but in the Beckett it says it's a $200 card. Can somebody tell me if this is a reprint or original and how to tell the difference? I've attached the photos of the card. Thank you!

Michael

It should have the print year somewhere on the back of the card.
(12-10-2012 05:15 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: [ -> ]It should have the print year somewhere on the back of the card.

For some reason, maybe my photos didn't load. I tried 3 different times to upload them. It says print year is 2005. I don't think it's the good rookie card because there are too many on the internet, but some cards are so unclear.
(12-10-2012 05:36 PM)chitown2387 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, maybe my photos didn't load. I tried 3 different times to upload them. It says print year is 2005. I don't think it's the good rookie card because there are too many on the internet, but some cards are so unclear.

The attachments don't work on here. Try uploading the pics to photobucket and then paste the IMG code here.
I think you are getting confused in thinking that you have the 50th Anniversary parallel. All the cards from the set say "50th Anniversary" on the front. There was an insert set called "50th Anniversary Rookies" that has each card serial numbered to 50, and the front and back of the card is different than the base card, although the card numbers are the same. Here is an example of the Braylon Edwards card from that set.
[Image: 0eb696fc-e3f7-4ece-a385-f459b39dcd23.jpg]
[Image: 0eb696fc-e3f7-4ece-a385-f459b39dcd23.jpg]
It looks like you just have the base 2005 Topps rookie card, which is still a nice card to own.
Thank you guys. My heart is now broken. I guess I'll go have some beers now.
(12-10-2012 05:53 PM)chitown2387 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you guys. My heart is now broken. I guess I'll go have some beers now.

Beers are good!!!
and dont let it bother you. i have a pantload of cards worth a dollar i thought were champions when i picked them up.
Smile
Reference URL's