Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I went to send a single card in a #000 padded envelope and the guy wanted to charge me 1.95. I argued with him a bit and he reluctantly lowered it to $.90. How do you guys ship your cards. I didn't anticipate any problems but I might have to start charging a bit more for shipping. This was my first time. I might start putting bricks on them to flatten them out.
Paypal shipping cost is 1.64 with confirmation
Can you instruct me on how to do that? I'm not very computer savvy. Sorry.
(08-25-2012 11:35 AM)jarmll Wrote: [ -> ]Can you instruct me on how to do that? I'm not very computer savvy. Sorry.

go to paypal.com and set up an account and go to multi shipping tool and create a shipping label. pretty easy with the post office headaches
So you were "harassed" because they were charging you for first class shipping because you used a bubble mailer which doesn't get machine sorted and you threw a fit about it? Not to sound like "that guy" but it sounds like the clerk has more of a right to complain about being harassed than you do.
Log into Paypal if you dont have an account then you will need to create one. You will either have to link a bank account or credit card if you dont have a balance to purchase the postage.

Then you can use this link to create your label

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

or you can just log into paypal and click on Multi-Order Shipping under My Account Tools.
(08-25-2012 11:53 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: [ -> ]So you were "harassed" because they were charging you for first class shipping because you used a bubble mailer which doesn't get machine sorted and you threw a fit about it? Not to sound like "that guy" but it sounds like the clerk has more of a right to complain about being harassed than you do.

I agree. I was probably wrong in my characterization of the situation.
(08-25-2012 12:06 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: [ -> ]Log into Paypal if you dont have an account then you will need to create one. You will either have to link a bank account or credit card if you dont have a balance to purchase the postage.

Then you can use this link to create your label

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

or you can just log into paypal and click on Multi-Order Shipping under My Account Tools.

I have an account and I will look into it when I get home tonight.
Yeah certain sizes have different rates. If something is non-machinable it gets a sur charge and if it is thick enough it must go at a parcel rate.
(08-25-2012 11:53 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: [ -> ]So you were "harassed" because they were charging you for first class shipping because you used a bubble mailer which doesn't get machine sorted and you threw a fit about it? Not to sound like "that guy" but it sounds like the clerk has more of a right to complain about being harassed than you do.

+1....

You sound like "that guy" ! Let a man vent already. There is a big difference between arguing for what is right, and throwing a fit. If his complaint saved $1.05 that he was being overcharged, than I think he is a pretty smart guy. If I'm overcharged, I'd do the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's