Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would ideally like to place the cards into binders so I can check them out every once in awhile but here is the problem with that

You have 9 spots to place cards right?

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

So if I place them in order by year and product name like beckett lists cards in their organize I have to take them all out to put the cards back in order whenever I find a new one.

Top loaders and penny sleeves are a little pricey for $0.05 pro set cards and do take up a lot of room. Room that I do not have.

Right now I just have them in a box. Only a few are in penny sleeves. The protection of them is not great but since I barely look at them they are never moved. I would like to look at my cards in an easier way.

Am I screwed? Or did someone here find a way to do it that I have not mentioned?

I want to see my cards easily in a cost effective way that doesnt take up too much space. Is this possible or am I nuts?
I'm just going to say you are NUTS and be upfront and honest. Its hard, I'm having the same problem. 3000 card count boxes have been home to my base for years..and I think its going to stay that way, and keep all my rookies in binders by year, product and order lol
(08-08-2012 03:04 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to say you are NUTS and be upfront and honest. Its hard, I'm having the same problem. 3000 card count boxes have been home to my base for years..and I think its going to stay that way, and keep all my rookies in binders by year, product and order lol

Agreed. Finally got mine whittled down to 1 monster 5000 count box (not counting Packer, Wisconsin, and other PCs). And a lot of my base are stored at your house! lol
5 inch binders
(08-08-2012 09:36 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: [ -> ]5 inch binders

Unless you have a complete set....dont store them in sets. This will eliminate your problem of having to keep moving your cards around. Instead store your cards in binders by team and organize each team by player and if you only have 2 or 3 cards of that player either leave the rest of the page blank until you get more cards of him or put another player that you only have 2 or 3 cards of on the same page and wait until you get more of one of the players to give them each their own page....all though organizing by player causes you to use more pages.
Mine are in boxes too. Now as for Pc Player base cards. I used to do 9 card sheets but they would end up with dinged corners. So I place them in toploaders now. Wish I could get me some of those top loader binders but even those are limited space and card count wise.
IF you go with 9-pocket pages, you shouldn't sort them by sets, just by years. Keep separate binders for each year. If you try to keep them in order, you are CONSTANTLY moving them, and like georgehenry said, your cards will get damaged from moving them all the time.

Personally, I use 5000 ct boxes and penny-sleeve the cards. I USED to keep them in set order, but now I don't even do that. All I have left of my Packers collection are 3 monsters full of base cards and plain inserts. I keep the lids on the bottom of the boxes, so when I want to look at my cards, I just grab some and look! And put them back when I'm done. lol!
Buy a bookshelf with 4 shelfs, buy 32 binders, sort by team then by player current in front in alphabetical order past in the back alphabetical order. Stick binders in shelf, put a team logo sticker on the binder so you can see what team it is.
I log all my cards (but they have their own room), sort them by player and year, store them in 5000 count boxes. Cards under $.50 are put in loose, $50-$4 in sleeves and $5 and up in top loaders in there own boxes sorted the same way.
depending on what you consider "base" we just give them away to local charities etc. ..... I know it's fun to keep them but it may brighten some kids day, if not give some kid the "bug" to keep on our tradition Smile
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's