Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Paypal question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently sold two cards on ebay, but it says that the funds are pending even though I have marked the items as shipped and provided a tracking #. It says that funds will be available in 21 days!! WTH????? Is it really going to take 21 days to get paid?
did someone leave you 1 or 2 stars in categories....i have heard they will hold payments if enough customers do that
if you you paypal shipping, they leave enough funds to ship the item. once it is delivered (they know, because they have a dc number automatically through paypal), your funds will clear

they started this last year. new sellers, infrequent sellers, sellers with poor marks...everyone of these kinds of sellers will get nicked from time to time
They do this for all kinds of reasons. They did this to me because I received too many gift payments (so I went back to using my wifes account).

And from what I understand, you will either have to wait 21 days or until the buyers leave positive feedback. Which ever one happens first.
I suffered through this for a year. It's all about the money. They earn interest off the money while it is in PayPal, so they are in no hurry to release the funds.
This is the first time I have ever sold anything on ebay, so maybe that's the reason? I have a printer and regular paper, so could I still just print out a shipping label so my money will get here faster? I guess im confused as to why they hold the money when I have a DC# from the post office?
(06-27-2012 11:39 AM)hurdygurdyman Wrote: [ -> ]This is the first time I have ever sold anything on ebay, so maybe that's the reason? I have a printer and regular paper, so could I still just print out a shipping label so my money will get here faster? I guess im confused as to why they hold the money when I have a DC# from the post office?

first time seller...that's it. they want to make sure that only does it get there, but it is as described

just a security measure...if you are on the up and up, it wont be an issue
I'm as honest as they come, but I get why they do it. Do you think they'll keep the money for 21 days after the buyers leave feedback? Since I am a new seller, are there any tips that anyone can give me? Any certain paper for the printer, is it really cheaper to print from ebay/paypal, anything I shoudl avoid, etc? Any tips will be much appreciated. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out.
Tips:

- I already stated you'll get your money depending on which happens first. However, I expect it to be 21 days as ebayers aren't in a hurry to leave feedback, if they leave it at all.

- Delivery confirmation is free when you print postage from online, thus making it cheap than going through the post office.

- ALWAYS use delivery confirmation. ALWAYS.

- If an item you sold is $250 or more you MUST use signature confirmation.

- Paper doesn't matter.
As long as your provided the tracking number, after they receive it you will receive your money within 2-3 days. After 90 days of selling with consistent results, you'll get your funds immediately after payment.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's