Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I was cruising around on eBay about an hour ago and stumbled upon this set of cards. Upon looking it up on here and seeing how much it's worth, I figured it would be worth buying, especially considering that it's still sealed and everything. My wife doesn't really understand why I like collecting baseball cards (she just sees it as a waste of time and money *lol*) but when I showed her how much I was paying for it and how much it's actually worth, she told me to go ahead and buy it. Thanks babe!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/380419728357?ssPa..._500wt_717

After I hit the BIN button, I did a little more searching on The Bay and found a listing for another set of these cards selling for more than double what I just paid for mine. I think I did okay! *lol*
I think you did good. You going to open it?
(06-18-2012 05:49 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you did good. You going to open it?

I suppose its value ever took a real dip then I might open it and start to trade it out, but for the time being I'm going to keep it sealed.
Yeah that is a real nice pickup, I love ebay for those kind of things, it's so fun to score a real good deal!
I think yeah, keep it sealed
Man, ur wife sounds just like mine... lol Nice pick up!!!
I made a rookie mistake on eBay on some Nolan Ryan cards. When I received them in the mail today I seen they were cards your mother threw out and not the origanals like the buyer was leading you to believe. Still got my money's worth for what I paid.
(06-19-2012 12:30 AM)Ashford1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I made a rookie mistake on eBay on some Nolan Ryan cards. When I received them in the mail today I seen they were cards your mother threw out and not the origanals like the buyer was leading you to believe. Still got my money's worth for what I paid.

I hate when sellers lie. I used to spend close to $300.00 every two weeks on cards from a certain eBayer (whom I won't name) because he seemed to have awesome cards going through every night. Long story short, most of the cards I bought were what the listing said they were. However, I recently discovered that two of the cards weren't what he claimed they were. As a result, I overpaid big time. I suppose it's partially my fault because I should have really looked the cards over when I got them, and then I would have figured out that I got taken. But like I said at the beginning, I hate when sellers lie.
Reference URL's