Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found an item I'd really like to have that was listed with a BIN/Best Offer. The starting price is a little steep for my liking so I'm not just going to buy it outright (others have ran on auction for the same price w/o selling). So I make my first offer, which was low but still a reasonable offer...Auto-Declined. So, I upped my offer a bit more...Auto-Declined! Now the part that I hate the most, making a "final offer" since you're only allowed 3 offers. I put it at the most I'd be willing to pay, and a very reasonable offer compared to the starting price. Still auto-declined. Why have a best offer option if you're going to set the Auto-Decline within 80% of the starting price. Gives the people making offers little to no room to work with.

/rant
because he doesnt want to sell it for less than 80% of the BIN?
More-so that the auto-decline was that high. I know that I'll eventually find one for the "right price" for me, just would rather not wait. Smile
What gets me is that I am putting the contenders set together. Some people have the Variations for 2-3x BV. That is right. A card that books for $40 they have listed for $80-120. Offerd 2/3 bv and auto decline. Makes no sense.
It's because ebay is an anonymous arms-length transaction medium. The seller doesn't have to look anyone in the eye when asking that price. They also betting that there is one person somewhere in the world that wants that card badly enough to pay their price. All it takes is 1 person.
Yea i seen this a few times, it sucks cause i thought best offer is the highest offer the guy gets lol. greedy all i gotta say lol
(06-13-2012 12:52 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]It's because ebay is an anonymous arms-length transaction medium. The seller doesn't have to look anyone in the eye when asking that price. They also betting that there is one person somewhere in the world that wants that card badly enough to pay their price. All it takes is 1 person.

I have sold numerous cards where this holds true. If I wanted auction prices I would send it to auction. But I'm ok holding the cards until someone wants to pay what I feel its worth and not what others feel its worth.
(06-13-2012 01:00 PM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]I have sold numerous cards where this holds true. If I wanted auction prices I would send it to auction. But I'm ok holding the cards until someone wants to pay what I feel its worth and not what others feel its worth.

So swap me the cam for my peyton and you wont have to pay full book for it....lmao
Lol - Already swapped the Cam for 2 Peytons lol
(06-13-2012 01:00 PM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]I have sold numerous cards where this holds true. If I wanted auction prices I would send it to auction. But I'm ok holding the cards until someone wants to pay what I feel its worth and not what others feel its worth.

In addition to this comment. The person may have a certain amount that he paid for a card and is trying to get back....say he paid $85 for a card and is not willing to lose money so he puts BIN $100 or best offer and sets minimum at $85. Can't blame anyone for trying to at least break even...don't hate
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's