Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just filled out my sports mem and card insurance form...$454 Yr for $75,000 worth of coverage...i need documentation like pics and receipts..
w/alarm system here and away from a main body of water by 2 miles or more...
i have most of my receipts and a thousand pictures or more of my stuff...
the question is...
worth it??
i plan on putting the sets in a safe deposit box..my house is WAY too small for a 6 hr fire proof safe BIG enough for the stuff....
if i put the 1/1s and super rare stuff in the bank with the sets i can trim the cost of policy down to $300 ish yr....
Smile
the bank fees are $150+ for a big box but WAY better than ins....for my sets and rare things anyway...
this i feel i can do...my Bears cards, Memorobilia, Signed Mini helmets,1 Game used Bears full sized helmet, rare sports stuff and Gifts from folks are worth this to insure for a year...dont you think??
and they get to stay at home
Smile
EDIT...i forgot, this is where i looked..
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/how-t...collection
Not sure about the insurance aspect but as a fellow collector I have to ask this question...Whats the point of having cards if you cant see them when you want too? Dont get me wrong it would suck if anything happened to them but to keep your gems locked away at a different location whats the point of having them in the first place right? I know if I were ever lucky enough to put together an awesome set like yours I would want that displayed as soon as I walked through the door at my house lol. Good Luck with whatever decision you make bud I know your heart is in the right place. : )
Oh and I also wanted to say I look at my Marino autos at least one time a day and some days more than that lol so just the thought of my babies not being here when I need them is scary to say the least haha. Im obsessed with cardboard!!!
I was told by my insurance co i need someone to appraise my stuff. I have no idea where to get that done. I am moving and would like something on them.
I've thought about it. And it's always worth it,
but for now I just double safe if.
Put my cards in a safe within a safe.
(06-10-2012 06:13 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the insurance aspect but as a fellow collector I have to ask this question...Whats the point of having cards if you cant see them when you want too? Dont get me wrong it would suck if anything happened to them but to keep your gems locked away at a different location whats the point of having them in the first place right? I know if I were ever lucky enough to put together an awesome set like yours I would want that displayed as soon as I walked through the door at my house lol. Good Luck with whatever decision you make bud I know your heart is in the right place. : )
Oh and I also wanted to say I look at my Marino autos at least one time a day and some days more than that lol so just the thought of my babies not being here when I need them is scary to say the least haha. Im obsessed with cardboard!!!
i know Rick..but the point of having them..is...well to have them..forever,at any cost..hell, i used to take my good ones on vacation with me i was so paranoid!!
LMFAO!!!
if i didnt live in a cedar cabin with a vaulted roof,out here in the STIX i wouldnt worry...the VFD is slow and we work all day in town...fire is my worry really...(knock on wood) never happens....
its tough bro..
so,for me,.... one thing i cant look at all of them on a regular basis.i just have too many.. second as a collector we add so many cards a month from trades and other places for projects and sets..that keeps me busy.
third the only thing i will be putting in the bank will be complete sets and super duper rare cards like 1/1s...pics are fine,i can get them out any time as often as i want...the ladies there are so nice!..
and i am getting the Fotg set graded so it will be awhile before they go to the box...
Smile
(06-10-2012 06:19 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: [ -> ]I was told by my insurance co i need someone to appraise my stuff. I have no idea where to get that done. I am moving and would like something on them.

*waves hand*

hi. im an appraiser Smile

but real talk: you dont need an appraiser. just load your cards into the beckett organize function, and print it out, and get it notarized. just as good as any appraiser. you can do a quick write up explaining how beckett is the market leader in sports cards pricing etc...
(06-10-2012 06:13 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the insurance aspect but as a fellow collector I have to ask this question...Whats the point of having cards if you cant see them when you want too? Dont get me wrong it would suck if anything happened to them but to keep your gems locked away at a different location whats the point of having them in the first place right? I know if I were ever lucky enough to put together an awesome set like yours I would want that displayed as soon as I walked through the door at my house lol. Good Luck with whatever decision you make bud I know your heart is in the right place. : )
exactly... I have a lot of money into my collection... but I keep them displayed so I can enjoy them!
Jacoby,

Good to know. I just got done loading cards in Organize. I am a teacher so every summer, I will load the cards I have accummulated throughout the year and then update my numbers. I am going to look at printing my organize out and having it notorized. Never had my cards insured, but thinking now might be the time since I have a small fortune now.
every insurance group is different. i have USAA, and they let me do a general claim on my stuff, because it rotational due to my business. some place charge more for that, some dont, some rquire higher deductibles. ALWAYS ask your insurance company questions about it before going ahead.

the insurance group i do contract work for caters to very high end clients (i just did some work on the derek lower world series trophy theft last month, and i worked the mark wohlers fire claim last year), and the rules for them can be very different because they pay very high premiums

so the basic rule is: contact your insurance company. most of them will be clueless about sports cards, so you might have to hold their hand a bit

worst comes to worst, if they absolutely have to have an appraiser sign off on it, contact me and i can walk you through it
(06-10-2012 08:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]*waves hand*

hi. im an appraiser Smile

but real talk: you dont need an appraiser. just load your cards into the beckett organize function, and print it out, and get it notarized. just as good as any appraiser. you can do a quick write up explaining how beckett is the market leader in sports cards pricing etc...
i thought about that..
do you have insurance Jacoby?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's