Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got in this card off eBay.... 1994 Classic Images All-Pro Marino. Why you ask? Looky Looky, a lil Magenta goes a long way to a variant!!!! Anyone else ever see one of these....

[Image: DSC01285.jpg]
How on earth do you even come up w/ this stuff? That is soooooo obscure. You're like some sort of card collecting wizard or something. Guru of off-beat collecting oddities. I'm admiring your knowledge. But no, never seen of or heard of that variant.
Dude, I WISH I could even make stuff like this up! You would be even more impressed if you saw me scrolling quickly through eBay, only to suddenly stop and hear me say, wait a second.... and click on the auction link.
But honestly, when you have almost everything you want as far as cards go, you start looking for the oddities a little harder. Always wanting something new or waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of left field.
Crazy, is that something that is even acknowledged as being a variant? So you just stumbled on that one? Madness man, great find I think it's really cool. You got that there attention to detail.
Sorry fellas, I have no idea what you are talking about! Wtf does it mean? Help me!!!
(05-26-2012 09:44 PM)stefanjwhite Wrote: [ -> ]Crazy, is that something that is even acknowledged as being a variant? So you just stumbled on that one? Madness man, great find I think it's really cool. You got that there attention to detail.

Its not listed anywhere. I don't even know how the foil got that color, because the rest of the card is all the appropriate shades.
(05-26-2012 09:47 PM)rds1173 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry fellas, I have no idea what you are talking about! Wtf does it mean? Help me!!!

The All-Pros have an NFC and AFC card. the AFC have a blue bottom. the NFC have a Red bottom. The Marino I have shown on top is how every Marino I have seen before looks, blue. The card below it has a Magenta color to the foil, which is weird.
that's technically a printing error...it appears they applied both foil processes to it
Wow!!! So cool!!!
like rainman or something........how do you see this stuff...
Player collectors AFTER awhile know just about every BASE card.... And it is easy to spot a difference in a certain card.

1996 Pacific Invincible Pro Bowl

[Image: th_JerryRice216.jpg]

Notice the DARK Blue and in person the GREEN ( BUT in the scan a light bluish color ). Keep on forgetting to ask Dan about these.

Or THESE...... I Got these listed when I mentioned them to Mr. Hitt..

[Image: th_00ToppsRice.jpg]
Reference URL's