Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me Mother's Day is tough cause I lost my Mom to cancer in 2008. She was wonderful. It was really brutal cause she always wanted grandkids and I waited too long to have a child, and as soon as he was born, 3 weeks later she was diagnosed with cancer. It will be the biggest injustice of my life. She held on for 2 years and got to know Jay but it was devastating knowing she was dying and we couldnt do anything about it.

During the time all this was going on was when the new Cowboys Stadium was being built, they had a promotion going on where you could order a personalized paver to be placed outside the stadium dedicated to previous players and it is called the Legacy Walk of Fame.

I really wanted one and when my mom passed and she was cremated I knew she didnt have a final resting place so I got one of the pavers and had it inscribed for her.

[Image: 218864_108205372601345_100002356474173_9...1552_o.jpg]

There is one of these in the Walk of Fame outside Cowboys Stadium and they sent me a duplicate for my home in a nice display case. She was a huge Cowboys fan and now she will be with the Cowboys forever.

I still havent been up there yet to see her and to catch a game but I hope to this year. I have friends that have been up there and found it outside and took pictures of it for me, so I know it is there. Just wanted to share her memory and wish her a Happy Mothers Day. I love you and I miss you..

If anyone would like to share a story about your mom please do.
Wow our stories are kind of similar. Found out 1/3/10 I was going to have a child, my moms first grandchild then on 1/10/10 found out my Mom had cancer. The 22nd of this month will be one year since her passing. My mom made it 9 months with my daughter which was about 6 months longer then expected. I haven't done anything special yet, not sure what I want to do. Anyway very cool idea even though I dislike the Cowboys very much after SB XXX. Anyway happy mothers day mom. Miss you.
(05-13-2012 03:34 PM)Zzeebb Wrote: [ -> ]Wow our stories are kind of similar. Found out 1/3/10 I was going to have a child, my moms first grandchild then on 1/10/10 found out my Mom had cancer. The 22nd of this month will be one year since her passing. My mom made it 9 months with my daughter which was about 6 months longer then expected. I haven't done anything special yet, not sure what I want to do. Anyway very cool idea even though I dislike the Cowboys very much after SB XXX. Anyway happy mothers day mom. Miss you.

I am sorry for your loss and you can understand what it is like. Every holiday, every thing Jay does I know she isnt here to see it, there are no words.
I didnt know what to do either, this idea kinda just presented itself so I jumped on it.
Sorry to hear those sad stories guys. Im sure that every moment was treasures greatly.

I'd like to give a HUGE Lambeau-sized shoutout to my mom! LOVE YOU MOM!! And thank you for STILL putting up with me and all my hijinks, lol. My mom is the backbone of our family and ALWAYS puts the needs of the family before herself! She is the most selfless, thoughful and loving person I know. She has been married for 31yrs (32 this August), has 2 kids (me & my sister), and at the moment, has for grandkids (1 girl & 3 boys- two of them r twins).

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Photobucket
Sad That's sad man. Nice looking job on that they did, surely she's smiling down on it and your family.
(05-13-2012 05:04 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: [ -> ]Sad That's sad man. Nice looking job on that they did, surely she's smiling down on it and your family.

Thank you. And I didnt mean it to sound SO sad, jeez. Sorry about that. Smile
What a wonderful tribute to your mother James. She sounds wonderful and it also sounds like she made a great impact on your life. As all mothers should. Happy Mother's Day to her and all other mothers out there.
(05-13-2012 05:32 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: [ -> ]What a wonderful tribute to your mother James. She sounds wonderful and it also sounds like she made a great impact on your life. As all mothers should. Happy Mother's Day to her and all other mothers out there.

Thanks T and to yourself as well. I think you are a mom? Either way, Happy Mothers Day to all!
(05-13-2012 05:36 PM)jncdrew Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks T and to yourself as well. I think you are a mom? Either way, Happy Mothers Day to all!

Thanks James Smile And yes I am a mother of 2 WONDERFUL children. Love 'em, Love 'em, Love 'em Big Grin
Reference URL's