Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually received two duplicate emails that said it was not renewed in February, Failed to process payment: Declined. However, a payment went through in February just fine and my account seems normal (OPG is working, my cards in in my org). Ignore the email?
(05-11-2012 04:00 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually received two duplicate emails that said it was not renewed in February, Failed to process payment: Declined. However, a payment went through in February just fine and my account seems normal (OPG is working, my cards in in my org). Ignore the email?

Yes ignore it, its a scam. the link to deal with it was from local.beckett.com/.... some bogus link

Looks like it is a phishing scam, someone got access to a bunch of our emails and our renewal information.
Just received 2 duplicate emails the same as charbs1111
same here, 2 emails, for back in september

i dont know if it is a scam, however. i think it might be a glitch in their database that is causing these emails to go out.

id like to here from beckett, howcver
Hi,

I got also two this kind of messages yesterday. Maybe some Beckett representative could comment this - thanks!

- jjuuti
I got one too and forwarded it to Beckett
Hello,

Another developer mentioned he was testing some changes he made to our auto renew script in our dev environment and that he was running the auto renew script on his local machine. I asked if he did anything to make sure it was only auto renewing his subscription, but he hadn't. I told him to stop the script because it was possibly sending emails out to everyone and explained the problem.

This caused it to try to auto renew all users subscriptions that were in our dev database, which had been populated with information from our live database (for load testing).

There would have been no problems if we altered the email addresses when the last data import had taken place.

Sorry about sending the email, but the good news is that your information has not been stolen and this was not a phishing attempt.
Thanks for the update, very much appreciate it.
cbanks youve been all over it thanks!
Reference URL's