Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HEY
I WANNA KNOW WHEN SOME OF you build your sets of refractors . do you collect by the player, or the team, the color, like gold, blue. purple, orange , xfractor and so on, or by the years.. just curious tryin to deicde the best way to sell lots of refractors.
Thanks in advance for any responses )
lyndsay
Some people do all of the above lol Alot of player collectors as well as team collectors as well as just refractor collectors. Either way you set it up you're going to miss some of the market.
Hmm i was tryin to get more bang for my buck on the other site, its too much to sell one card at a time unless i i get lucky and have really hot refractors like i have tim tebow xfractor which is booked at 60.00 and i had several of his orange ones and also sambradfords that went for alot )
I would sell the stars in player sets and the scrubs in team sets if it was me. Well actually if it was me I would put all the scrubs in one lot since I dont care about them and would just want them gone lol
okay i am a lil blond like all diff color player sets or player sets in like just blacks, just blues and so on lol
I would sell em by the color. Since thats what sets the cards apart and why people collect them in the first place usually. Plus a bunch of people try to complete rainbows and such and will usually be looking for the colors their missing. Just my opinion.
All different color player sets. Example - I collect Peyton Manning, I would be more apt to buy a refractor set of Manning that contained Blue, Orange, Xfractor, Refractor etc etc than I would with 5 Blue refractors. Now if it was 5 different blue refractors of Manning then I would buy them but not if they were all the same. That caters to the player collector.

The set collector is going to want all Orange of different players or all blue of different players.

And the team collector is going to want all different colors of different players on his team.

So as you can see no matter how you set it up you're going to miss a market.

I believe you have more player collectors than you do set and team collectors tho which is why I would sell the stars seperately.
(05-07-2012 11:46 AM)nthnoak Wrote: [ -> ]I would sell em by the color. Since thats what sets the cards apart and why people collect them in the first place usually. Plus a bunch of people try to complete rainbows and such and will usually be looking for the colors their missing. Just my opinion.

thanks that is what i was thinkin, but wanted to see since we fanatics on here. they would give me the best advice )

(05-07-2012 11:53 AM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]All different color player sets. Example - I collect Peyton Manning, I would be more apt to buy a refractor set of Manning that contained Blue, Orange, Xfractor, Refractor etc etc than I would with 5 Blue refractors. Now if it was 5 different blue refractors of Manning then I would buy them but not if they were all the same. That caters to the player collector.

The set collector is going to want all Orange of different players or all blue of different players.

And the team collector is going to want all different colors of different players on his team.

So as you can see no matter how you set it up you're going to miss a market.

I believe you have more player collectors than you do set and team collectors tho which is why I would sell the stars seperately.

Thank YOU !!!!!!
Personally when I was collecting the 11 chrome color refractors I picked them up as lots in the colors Black/Blue/orange and so on and that is how i searched for them. AS a buyer that was the easiest way to collect a lot of the "crap" in one shot.

Then when I sold them to get the best bang for your buck, I would sell the scrubs in a lot with one color, you will actually get a decent amount because I notice people are willing to spend more on the scrubs for there set if they can get them in a large lot. Then break down the stars and sell them indiviually. JMO,
When i sold my lot of chrome refractor I got a nice chunk of change for large lots of indiviaul colors, more than if i sold them indiviually as some may not have been even pruchased. Again this is JMO
I've got so man refractors collecting dust - this has been a great thread for me to read! Thanks members!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's