Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everybody do with their recently traded cards in their folders. I have about 250 cards in my recently traded folder and I am not sure if I should trash them. Just curious what everybody else does.
THANKS
If they are cards that are already listed in another folder of my org, I trash them. If they are new to my org then I send them to the appropriate folder.
(05-05-2012 11:01 AM)corbin21 Wrote: [ -> ]What does everybody do with their recently traded cards in their folders. I have about 250 cards in my recently traded folder and I am not sure if I should trash them. Just curious what everybody else does.
THANKS

You need to be very careful what you do with them...

If they were cards that you traded for there are duplicates of it in your Org. You need to do a search for each card and you will find it listed twice, once in recently added and again your Org.

The copy in your org is the old copy showing that you were looking for it while the copy in Recently Traded shows the card has been found.

You need to delete the copy in your org and transfer the copy in Recently Traded to your collection.

If you don't and just delete the file, the cards will just lose their tags but they will not go away. They just end up floating around and will not be associated with any collection.

The down side is that they are hard to find and you will start getting offers to trade them again because they are still in your Org., although invisible.

You don't have to worry about the cards that you traded away because Beckett automatically adjusts the inventory.

What I do when completing a trade is open a new collection using the screen name of the person I am trading with and then transfer my recently traded to that collection. That way I can adjust my inventory and when the trade is complete all I have to do in delete the collection.

Ray
i always trash them...if i have dupes i reinsert them back to their folder but if i dnt i permanantly delete them otherwise they still show up in the org and its really irritating. I go thru the recently traded folder right after i ship and delete the ones i shipped then send the received ones to their folders right after i get them so that recently traded folder dsnt get so big
Thanks for the Advice.....
wow beckett makes this a big pain in the ***** i have over 700 cards in my trade section now what is the bets way to get rid of these but yet still have the cards in my org i tried to delete them once before and it deleted them completly from my org
(05-06-2012 10:35 AM)rascrush Wrote: [ -> ]wow beckett makes this a big pain in the ***** i have over 700 cards in my trade section now what is the bets way to get rid of these but yet still have the cards in my org i tried to delete them once before and it deleted them completly from my org

If you have a lot of cards in one collection you can edit them by collection and delete the duplicates on each page. Note it is easier to start with the last page since when you delete the records the ones remaining will move up to take the place of the ones deleted.

Yes this is a real pain in the ###. I have had trades of several hundred cards and it has taken hours to sort it all out.

Ray
so delete the ones in my org or in my ortiz can u look at my collections and let me know what u mean
(05-06-2012 10:35 AM)rascrush Wrote: [ -> ]wow beckett makes this a big pain in the ***** i have over 700 cards in my trade section now what is the bets way to get rid of these but yet still have the cards in my org i tried to delete them once before and it deleted them completly from my org

Go to your Org.

Click on Recently Added

About half way down there is a bold blue line of type that says "SEARCH COLLECTIONS"

Below this is a line that says "This Collection"

Click on it and change it to "All Collections"

Just to the right there is a search box, Type in the name of the collection that you are searching for, and press enter.

Every card in your Org that has that name will come up.

Scroll down through the collection looking for cards that don't have a tag or have the wrong tag, or two cards that are the same and have different tags.

Correct the tags and send the unwanted duplicates to the trash

Empty the trash (You don't want these cards attracting trade offers).

Good Luck

Ray
The way I do it is...
I get the trade in the mail.
I open the Recently traded folder.
I look for the cards in the trade I just got via the invoice..
1st, I select all the cards that were traded and there are no copies left to trade ie: 0 haves 0 trade
I place those in the trash.
I go to trash and empty trash. Those cards are gone.
If there are any cards remaining that I have extra copies of in the trade, I reopen the recently traded folder and select those. ie: 2 haves 2 trade (had 3 copies and 1 was traded away) great way to keep inventory accurate too..
I place those in trash and then select them and place in my for trade folder.
It removes them from the recently traded folder and they are available for trade.
It keeps things clean for me..so I have 120 cards in recently traded and get a trade of 15 cards, I remove them when I file the cards..a few key strokes I k now, but not too bad if done at the time the trade is received.
I do not do it sooner because after 700+ trades, sometimes things go wrong.

This way it stops me from entering cards over and over again..

Also, if I trade for a card I am going to sell on eBay..I go to recently traded, open the card, copy the info, paste into Ebay listing and then delete the card..so I use it the way I would use the OPG..convenient really. Sorry so long a post...
Reference URL's