Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just had a gentleman email me a photo of the latest Beckett showing the prices for 1990-91 Upper Deck Hockey. In particular, the high series is listed in the print edition as $6-$15, however online it is listed as $12.50-$30.

WTF? Is this common?
online OPG is current (real time pricing) and print is behind for obvious reasons (time it takes to print and mail the mag)
Go with the online pricing
But apparently the price difference has been for quite some time.

I find it hard to believe that the print magazine is 1 year behind in updating the prices.

My biggest concern is that there are more differences between the print and online versions. How do I know which to trust?

The difference is quite a bit. If print lists between 6-15, well I might value or try to sell my item at $10-12. But online lists $12.50-30! That is double the price. How can I justify that when Beckett print is still a "trusted" guide?
i smell shananigans here
strongest possibility:

in the OPG:

the high series is the same price as the low series. this could be a simple clerical error that needs to be fixed
Something is very wrong.
I wonder if the print and online versions are done my the same people or if they talk or if they compare??
I can understand the difference in real time, like month to month, but if this has been the same for over a year, then there is a problem.
Make sure you're comparing apples to apples as well - condition wise. If you're looking at "MINT" pricing online it will be higher than the mag, which (if memory serves) uses NM pricing for that era.
(04-30-2012 11:02 AM)ceocards Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you're comparing apples to apples as well - condition wise. If you're looking at "MINT" pricing online it will be higher than the mag, which (if memory serves) uses NM pricing for that era.

he's looking at the header lines, like i was
Oh...then NM Smile
(04-30-2012 03:28 PM)ceocards Wrote: [ -> ]Oh...then NM Smile

i really think someone accidentally copied the low series onto the high series in the opg accidentally

to the op:

can you share the pic? id like to see it
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's