Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is it that I can't figure out how to friggin' bat well?!!!!
(03-30-2012 08:30 PM)james lacroix Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that I can't figure out how to friggin' bat well?!!!!

I do and yes batting is pretty difficult in the game. Gotta be selective with the pitch you swing at, just like in real life.

Also, this thread will prob get moved to the general baseball section since it doesn't deal with trading.
I had to adjust the sliders. I don't use the analog swing either. I couldn't hit anything when I first started. By far the best baseball game out there.
I was thinking about making a thread about this too. I haven't bought a baseball video game since around 2004/05 and have had the itch lately. I've definitely read that they made hitting really hard in recent years - but I guess adjusting sliders as was previously said could help out.

What I'd really like to know is...how is dynasty/franchise mode? This is usually my favorite aspect of sports games and after a while I start simulating more and like going thru multiple seasons. How is it with your minor league systems? Do players actually develop? Do they have real prospects in the game?
yeah i mainly play franchise and Road to the show(RTTS) but i only do RTTS as a pitcher because pitching is much easier with analog but u can also switch it to old school style if you want( i think u can do that with batting too, im a pitcher in the NL and hate batting but i have it set so i dont have to use the left stick to move my wheelhouse it does it auto depending on my stats which arent high lol) but franchise is by far the most fun in the game! i loooooooooooooove franchise mode, the roster isnt accurate yet(i d/led the one with all the prospects) and theres suppost to be a really good roster coming out before opening day by some guys, but there should also be a game roster update around opening day. anyhow i love the game even though they STILL under rate Ron washington and Mike Maddux w/ crappy coaching stats (wtf?)
(03-30-2012 09:13 PM)iconms Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about making a thread about this too. I haven't bought a baseball video game since around 2004/05 and have had the itch lately. I've definitely read that they made hitting really hard in recent years - but I guess adjusting sliders as was previously said could help out.

What I'd really like to know is...how is dynasty/franchise mode? This is usually my favorite aspect of sports games and after a while I start simulating more and like going thru multiple seasons. How is it with your minor league systems? Do players actually develop? Do they have real prospects in the game?

There are hundreds of downloadable rosters to sort through. I found a pretty decent one. Has a lot of the prospects. I can pm you what to search for if you're interested.
I've been playing road to the show. I created a character that looks exactly like me (it's weird!). I think the players may improve well enough based on the points you earn in games. You earn points by having good at bats, stealing bases, making good plays and whatnot. You use the points to improve your player on the training screen. However, they deduct points for playing badly as well. I keep striking out, so it's hurting me. I'm batting .215 right now with 2 home runs and like 16 RBIs. It's June now in my season and I'm playing so poorly, the Sea Dogs use me in like every four or five games. The Road to the Show has some pretty good potential I think, if you can just figure out the game. The rosters seem pretty up to date to me. I would love to be able to download some prospects though... being a Bowman Chrome Prospects collector and all.
Ok so its not just me.
My son is playing it as I type this. He told me it was a bit of a learning curve on it.
I vote for the standard one button bunt,other button Contact/power swing Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's