Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Would I find older cards there? I'm talking between like 1991 and 2001. There are some Penn State autos between those years I'd like to get my hands on. For instance a 1992 Courtside Same Gash, Mark D'Onofrio and Keith Goganious autos. Along with a 2000 Sage or Sage Hit LaVar Arrington auto.

2. I live just outside NYC. There has to be shows around me I would think. Is there anywhere where I can find shows with dates and locations?

Thanks for the help. Beckett, COMC and eBay aren't cutting it with the couple I need.
http://www.nyshows.org

White Plains show just ended today
you usually can find almost anything at show
I just went to the Chicago Sun Times show and it was awesome. There were all sorts of cards and years but primarily old baseball seemed to be what a lot of dealers specialized in. Im really not too sure how much luck you would have looking for a specific card like that just because you would have to search through a ton of cards to find them. But you never know. I actually found a card /10 that I was looking for for a friend when I was just sifting through the boxes. But really, from what I saw, most stuff was made within the last 5 or 6 years. More up to date stuff that will attract people more. But good luck if you go look, its a lot of fun.
You'll find a lot of 90's cards in the dealers junk bins.
Check with any LCS that you have around you. That's where I find all my info on upcoming show. Usually find everything from newest rookie trends to old school vintage. Found some great stuff at the last show I went to for my '59 Topps collection...Good luck man, hope you find something sweet to go to. Can't beat going to a show, ebay is nice but nothing beats being able to personally look at the actual cards they have there.
You can find everything except that one card you really need!
(03-25-2012 10:08 PM)nthnoak Wrote: [ -> ]I just went to the Chicago Sun Times show and it was awesome. There were all sorts of cards and years but primarily old baseball seemed to be what a lot of dealers specialized in. Im really not too sure how much luck you would have looking for a specific card like that just because you would have to search through a ton of cards to find them. But you never know. I actually found a card /10 that I was looking for for a friend when I was just sifting through the boxes. But really, from what I saw, most stuff was made within the last 5 or 6 years. More up to date stuff that will attract people more. But good luck if you go look, its a lot of fun.

+1
I collect most former UW Huskies, most of which are commons. One of the guys on my list is Charles Frederick, a 2005 draft pick who only has 87 cards total (including press plates, etc). Last summer at a show in L.A. while going through a $10 box I happened upon an Topps Draft Picks & Prospects magenta press plate (autographed) of my man Charles. I felt like I won the lottery. So miracles can happen at shows. I wouldn't necessarily expect it, but most of the fun is in the hunt, right?
(03-25-2012 10:03 PM)afff Wrote: [ -> ]you usually can find almost anything at show

And then some !
The last show i was at, it seemed like vintage cards or 2011 football were what was hot. However there was everything else there as well. Jerseys and Auto cards 3 for $5, singles for half, boxes of commons for .10 each or 100 for $5, shows are a good time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's