Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just got back into the hobby this year and am loving it so far. I've found the Beckett message board community to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in helping me get back into it. After grabbing a few cards of my favorite players I've been trying to decide what I want to "collect" first. What I've decided on is collecting 1 PSA Graded Rookie Card (grade 8 or above) for each of the Hall of Famers (and future Hall of Famers) back to when I became a fan as a kid. I was born in 1986 and one of the biggest reason I became a Chiefs fan was the run that Joe Montana took them on at the end of his career. Naturally I'm starting the list with him all the way up to this year. I am not including OL. To keep it consistent these are all just going to be straight up cards. No signatures, jerseys, etc.....

Below you will find a list of the players I'm looking to collect and the card I'm thinking of collecting. I am open to suggestions on what the quintessential rookie card is for each player. I know some of these guys were USFL or CFL first, I'm just looking for NFL Rookie Cards. Also if you think someone should be moved up or down or added on one of these list let me know.

Once I get a card I will upload the picture on here under there name in the list. Thanks and I am looking forward to your feedback!

Inductees
2012 Curtis Martin
2011 Marshall Faulk (1994 SP)
2011 Shannon Sharpe
2011 Deion Sanders (1989 Score)
2010 Emmitt Smith (1990 Score Update)
2010 Jerry Rice (1986 Topps)
[Image: 1986ToppsJerryRice.jpg]
2010 John Randle
2009 Rod Woodson
2009 Bruce Smith (1986 Topps)
[Image: 1986ToppsBruceSmith.jpg]
2009 Derrick Thomas (1989 Score)
2008 Darrell Green (1984 Topps)
2007 Michael Irvin (1989 Score)
2007 Thurman Thomas (1989 Score)
[Image: 1989ScoreThurmanThomas.jpg]
2006 Reggie White (1986 Topps)
2006 Troy Aikmen (1989 Score)
2006 Warren Moon (1985 Topps)
2005 Dan Marino (1984 Topps)
[Image: 1984ToppsDanMarino.jpg]
2005 Steve Young (1986 Topps)
[Image: 1986ToppsSteveYoung.jpg]
2004 Barry Sanders (1989 Score)
[Image: 1989ScoreBarrySanders.jpg]
2004 John Elway (1984 Topps)
[Image: 1984ToppsJohnElway.jpg]
2003 Marcus Allen (1983 Topps)
[Image: 1983ToppsMarcusAllen.jpg]
2002 Jim Kelly (1987 Topps)
2000 Joe Montana (1981 Topps)
[Image: 1981ToppsJoeMontana.jpg]

Stone-Cold Locks
Jerome Bettis
Michael Strahan
Brett Favre (1991 Stadium Club)
Ray Lewis (1996 Bowman's Best)
[Image: 1996BowmansBestRayLewis.jpg]
Tom Brady (2000 Bowman Chrome)
Peyton Manning
Tony Gonzalez
Terrell Owens (1996 SP)
[Image: 1998SPTerrellOwens.jpg]
Randy Moss
LaDanian Tomlinson
Jason Taylor
Ed Reed

On The Doorstep?
Cris Carter
Tim Brown
Andre Reed
Kurt Warner
Junior Seau
Ty Law

Work To Do
Adam Vinatieri
Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins
Drew Brees
Adrian Peterson
Charles Woodson
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Larry Fitzgerald
Ben Roethlisberger
Troy Polamalu
Ronde Barber
Brian Urlacher
Antonio Gates
Darren Sharper
Donovan McNabb
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
DeMarcus Ware
Brandon Marshall
Awesome list. I have a these two Urlachers, possible others

PSA 9: 2000 Leaf Certified
Psa 9: 2000 Collector's Edge Odyssey Reail
TO added.
John Elway and Dan Marino added.
Great idea for a collection, and since you are not going back that far most of the cards you need won't break the bank. I have something similar going except I collect BGS/BVG graded cards.
I have a similar thread going, check it out here... http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1489220.html

Mine is focused on the Greatest Players of All-Time RCs, with the skill positions and Def. Let me know what you think!

You got a couple I need as well lol, yours should be pretty sweet once complete.
(03-08-2012 02:33 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar thread going, check it out here... http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1489220.html

Mine is focused on the Greatest Players of All-Time RCs, with the skill positions and Def. Let me know what you think!

You got a couple I need as well lol, yours should be pretty sweet once complete.

Wow yours looks great, very ambitious.

I figured this would be a great way to get back into the hobby. I might have to expand to all HOF once i finish this out, but I know that will take some big $$$.
Montana to Rice added
Montana to Rice added
(03-08-2012 02:13 PM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea for a collection, and since you are not going back that far most of the cards you need won't break the bank. I have something similar going except I collect BGS/BVG graded cards.

Thanks! I'll have to check yours out!
Added Steve Young and Ray Lewis. Love the Lewis.
(03-11-2012 11:24 AM)goodtricks Wrote: [ -> ]Added Steve Young and Ray Lewis. Love the Lewis.

I like that Lewis as well! If you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back? I want the Refractor version, same grade and I want to get a price point ballpark.
(03-11-2012 11:53 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: [ -> ]I like that Lewis as well! If you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back? I want the Refractor version, same grade and I want to get a price point ballpark.

I paid $100, have to imagine it will be approaching double that for the refractor.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's