Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well all, like the title says...I need 3-5k to help pay for my summer college courses. I've been in contact with my future employer (big name, it's going to remain nameless until both sides sign a contract lol) that essentially as soon as I get the classes done we'd be having some serious talks. Unfortunately, being a full-time student and living in a state with a terrible economy, it's proven to be rather difficult to find work. So, as much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to start parting out some of my collection. Obviously, it's going to be the pieces I don't really care about, or can replace easily, but if I get really desperate, I'll start going into the PC. Does anyone have any opinions on how to do this effectively to get the most bang from my buck? Should I just list my stuff FS in the org and do it that way? Really, any help would be appreciated. I'm going to post something similar in the baseball forums, since that will be the part of my collection that i'll move first, so thanks for any help!

Justin
What's an org? Sounds futile.

Why not list them on the bay? Either individually, or in lots if time sensitive.
(02-14-2012 08:37 PM)jessemerson Wrote: [ -> ]What's an org? Sounds futile.

Why not list them on the bay? Either individually, or in lots if time sensitive.

An org is what you need to sell or trade on this site, and frankly I don't feel like giving stuff away like most ebay sales are. anyone got any advice?
I don't feel like people check ORgs for sales, but that's just me.
(02-14-2012 08:46 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: [ -> ]I don't feel like people check ORgs for sales, but that's just me.

idk bro...I know I need to move some stuff, but don't feel like giving away good stuff at flea bay prices lol
(02-14-2012 08:41 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]An org is what you need to sell or trade on this site, and frankly I don't feel like giving stuff away like most ebay sales are. anyone got any advice?

One word. Exposure.

I wish there was a magical answer place but I think you know it doesn't exist. Unfortunately.

Maybe try to get creative. List the cards that can hold their own individually, and break-up the rest into team and player lots.

Just a thought. Good luck w/ it.
Make a thread in the trading page. List some in Org, I'll take a look through it, always looking to add more Ohio State players...GO BUCKEYES Wink
I agree... The bulk of eBay sales these days on singles are a joke... Talk about saturation... A lot of cards are being practically given away...
Why not a student loan? I wouldn't have made it through law school without them.
(02-14-2012 09:33 PM)superynaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I agree... The bulk of eBay sales these days on singles are a joke... Talk about saturation... A lot of cards are being practically given away...

I couldn't agree more.

BUT, if there's a place buyers are going because they're sick of paying low prices, please, let me know!

The bottom line is, time can be your friend, or your enemy. If you want retail prices, try listing them somewhere and hold-out for your price. If you're working within a deadline, and you need to get what you can, you're probably gonna take it in the shorts.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's