Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I've recently started trading and have a few under my belt.

The one thing that really doesn't make sense to me is when I mark something as WTTA and I trade it away in a trade, the site updates my existing organize entry reducing the number I have (and the number I WTTA) appropriately and adds it to the Recently traded tag group.

However, when I mark an item WTTF and I fulfil that via a trade, the site instead duplicates the item and adds it to recently traded.

This makes it VERY difficult to manage multiple trades at the same time since the card still shows up in my want list with a star when I'm browsing another user's trade items.

Not only that but every couple days I have to spend time sorting through my recently traded, and syncing it with my regular collections...

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a tedius aspect of the site?
(02-10-2012 08:14 PM)kinarism Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I've recently started trading and have a few under my belt.

The one thing that really doesn't make sense to me is when I mark something as WTTA and I trade it away in a trade, the site updates my existing organize entry reducing the number I have (and the number I WTTA) appropriately and adds it to the Recently traded tag group.

However, when I mark an item WTTF and I fulfil that via a trade, the site instead duplicates the item and adds it to recently traded.

This makes it VERY difficult to manage multiple trades at the same time since the card still shows up in my want list with a star when I'm browsing another user's trade items.

Not only that but every couple days I have to spend time sorting through my recently traded, and syncing it with my regular collections...

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a tedius aspect of the site?

This is a bad bug in the software that they haven't been able to correct.
I open a new collection under the name of the trader and transfer the cards from recently traded to the new collection.
This way I can do a search for each card that I have traded for and not get them mixed up with oither trades.
You will find that you will have two listings for each card, one with the tag with the traders name and one with a tag with the collection name.

1 -You must then add the collection name to the listing with the traders name on it.

2- Secondly you must send the other listing to the trash. Then, very important, EMPTY THE Trash.

If you don't do this the odd listing will become a phantom cards floating around loose in your org and will attract trades even though you no longer need the card.

Ray
Reference URL's