Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I saw a "Buy It Now" auction listed for $89.99 for a card worth $40.00
Nothing new... eBay is a joke... I know people can list cards for whatever they want... But I am growing weary of non educated sellers... I just stay away from the overpriced dingbats...
thats ok i saw one with a nice card and had a auto with a pretty sick patch on it #'d to 15 ,
book value is $200
and because of the patch hes asking $1,000.00 start bid and buy it now $1,500.00 , and no Best Offer Allowed
i told him when he gets a more realistic price in mind to message me and ill talk to him bout buying it , and he said he was offered $800.00 and turned it down ,
i told him he was a fool for turning that offer down cause i could buy a true 1/1 auto patch of the same guy for the same price .. needless to say i didnt get a response back lol
Nevermind
(12-30-2011 11:34 PM)jameyreynolds Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. If you ask them for a lower price, they get offended and ban you from bidding or even better they send you an email calling you names.

Yeah, I have even offered some realistic offers, and they either ban me, or ignore me... Gotta love it...Wink
(12-30-2011 11:36 PM)branesergen Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind

There wasnt a "BO" It was just BIN. I understand hi BIN and then offer the BO and work around it. I've done that. But to just have a BIN of doubled the card value......
i have ran across this alot lately for the main guy i am collecting now, not so much lately though. But I have gotten several responses all saying the same thing or similar . When this guy comes back next season, this card is gonna be worth a ton so im not letting it go for less then(insert price here)

Now that's all well and good and i agree he will probably come back and do just as good if not better resulting in a higher value, but that is besides the point, we are talking today's value not the future no one can be sure what the future will hold for any NFL player. At least be reasonable and realistic now, its not next season yet lol. Now come next season if the dude has a break out year, then if you still got the dang card great sell it for all the gold in a beverley hills bank. So far i don't see anything right now today to warrant a 2x, 3x or more BV.
I just had a similar situation. There was a card listed at BIN-149.99 or BO. The card is worth 60. But it has some really nice patches tho. I offer 50 and get a counteroffer of 120. No thanks. Im not paying double bv for a card!!
(12-30-2011 11:37 PM)superynaldo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I have even offered some realistic offers, and they either ban me, or ignore me... Gotta love it...Wink

Below is a perfect example of pricing that is out of this world...lol

X
(12-31-2011 01:50 AM)jameyreynolds Wrote: [ -> ]Below is a perfect example of pricing that is out of this world...lol

X

WEll thats actually a very nice card but the price is up there a lil too high, maybe somewhere in the range of 1750-2500 would be about right. But ingram hasnt done much this year either, sproles has been the man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's