Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Freebie question???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I personally LOVE receiving any freebies of Young, my Niners and GK's, including low end and base, but what about everyone else?
I ask because I finally am back on my feet again both financially and personally and would love to send some things out, but I see so many posts about pulling nothing but low end inserts and just wanting to get rid of their commons, etc.
I do NOT have high end and my luck is terrible Smile so my stuff is not great. Is it worth my time and the postage to send out? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy doing it.....
I often wonder the same thing. A lot of members on here only do mem cards or autos. And I find myself not sending many because you see where someone just sent them 2 patches and 3 autos and it leaves you feeling like "why bother"
But tis the season and if it makes you feel good to send someone something then send away and feel good knowing you you did a good deed.
And when in doubt I look through a persons org and if they've took the time to list all the small stuff in their "PC" like you and I do then chances are they will more than likely be happy with most anything you send.
Tell you what, any regular and base cards of Jordan Shipley, I will gladly take, I have yet to really start up on his regular stuff and could use a quick boost...Wink
....and you know 264/s are always welcomed, base, insert, whatever.... Big Grin
I think player and team collectors appreciate it all!
I like 'em! I'm also one who doesn't have high-end to send out, but I try to get people cards of their players. I like inserts and numbered, but will take basically anything of my guys!
I collect my Chiefs and love anything i receice base, inserts, anything especially of Tyson Jackson because i dont have a lot of his base or inserts. when I send I usually try to send what I have and what I can of the players or teams paople collect, or anything I might have as far as set needs for someone.
if you want to do freebies, go to the children's hospital wing and take what you were going to give away and give it to some kids who will 99.9% of the time appreciate it and answer the ? for you of why bother (just my opinion)
(12-23-2011 04:32 PM)ft28jags Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to do freebies, go to the children's hospital wing and take what you were going to give away and give it to some kids who will 99.9% of the time appreciate it and answer the ? for you of why bother (just my opinion)

I've actually been making team bags of 25 cards to give to the local hospitals, I think I'm at around 1200 cards now.
YL- most people are happy to get presents from friends here, base or not. If they don't appreciate the time , effort, and thought you put Into It then bah humbug to them!
lol...i hear you but just saying that if the op feels most won't be appreciative, there is someone out there like kids who will...happy holidays btw mr g
(12-23-2011 04:39 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually been making team bags of 25 cards to give to the local hospitals, I think I'm at around 1200 cards now.
YL- most people are happy to get presents from friends here, base or not. If they don't appreciate the time , effort, and thought you put Into It then bah humbug to them!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's