Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since the upgrade that didn't happen (They just launched their new marketplace) all of my pricing has been messed up. It used to be that pre 1980 was priced at Nrmt (7), 1981 thru 1989 was priced at Nrmt/Mt (8), and 1990 to the present was priced at Mt (9). Ever since the upgrade of the marketplace this seems to have all changed. The question is, Will these changes be permanent or will they change back with a future upgrade?

I need to know because if it is permanent I have a lot of changing to do. At present I have 1349 Folders, 92,324 Items, and 130,523 Cards in my Org. If it is only temporary I guess I just have to hang in there and tough it out until it gets fixed.

Compounding the problem is that I have many cards that are graded below/above the book value and those will have to be sought out individually and corrected.

I know that the standard answer is "When the developers tell us we will tell you" but this has the potential of really ruining my day.

Ray
it is not on purpose. cant be

EVERY card got a grade bump in value
(12-09-2011 10:03 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]it is not on purpose. cant be

The question is is this permanent or only temporary. Maybe you could ask?

Ray
(12-09-2011 10:03 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]it is not on purpose. cant be

I did a little bit of searching around and Beckett seems to be changing their pricing structure for all cards from 1990 thru the present day.

They used to be priced at Mint (9) but are slowly being changed to Nm-Mt (8). All of the sets in this category have already had their pricing downgraded to the next lowest level, Nrmt-mt (8), and they are now in the process of changing the grade from Mint (9) to Nr-Mt (8).

In baseball presently the 1990 and 1991 Donruss and 1990 Topps are graded at Nr-Mt (8) while the 1991 Topps and 1990 and 1991 Score is graded at Mint (9).

They are apparently slipping in a price change without telling anybody about it AGAIN! The last time around they lowered the grade for Pre 1980 to a NrMt (7)

Ray
dude, it's not a new paradigm
We will let everyone know about the pricing dont worry- we dont hold onto information. Just want to make sure what we put out is correct so until then.
Reference URL's