Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just getting back into the game.. Im currently looking to get myself a mid-grade box come friday. Im just kinda wondering what to get into? just from talking to diffrent people it seems platinum is the way to go.. Ive bought a few packs over the week and havent had any patches or autos come of it but have had some SN's. So I started this thread and it seeing what the communities opinion may be. This is what ive been thinking about but cant make up my mind. I was told the Crown Royale's wont come out till oct 12th I have my eye on one of those for sure! next go around. My main goal with choosing the box is to actually have something to offer so I can work on my own PC

2011 Topps Platinum
2011 Donruss Elite
2011 Panini Threads
2011 Panini Prestige
i would go platinum
Topps Prime

the price point is great, around 80-90 at the lcs, the base set and parallels are better than everything else on the market the last few years.

The inserts will yield about 4 jsy/or au per box. 2 autos and 1 jumbo and 1 dual relic. pricing isn't out yet.

Platinum has nice patches, but Prime's autos usually start out pretty high.
(10-02-2011 11:30 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: [ -> ]Topps Prime

the price point is great, around 80-90 at the lcs, the base set and parallels are better than everything else on the market the last few years.

The inserts will yield about 4 jsy/or au per box. 2 autos and 1 jumbo and 1 dual relic. pricing isn't out yet.

Platinum has nice patches, but Prime's autos usually start out pretty high.

Thanks a ton for the input Ill have to look into those primes for sure!
Inception!!!Smile
For that kind of cabbage I gotta be able to open a few packs.. lol., Opening the packs is what gives me my high! I am thinking about getting a box of gold standards at some point maybe.. not sure.. I wanna read up on the bowman sterlings before they come out.
Rookies and Stars. I like the autos in it better than almost any.Love the team logo autos.
I am surprised no one said Finest. I vote either Platinum or Finest. Platinum has more hits, but the base autos are numbered to... like.... 7 million. (slight exaggeration) My 3 favorite now are Inception, Platinum, and Finest. (Not necessarily in that order.) My advice is to watch a few youtube breaks of the ones you are interested in. I will warn you though- those video breaks can get addicting too!
the jury has spoken. im throwing down on some platinums and finest! c'mon payday.. got my gf gettin me some threads.. I better come up with something!!! tired of having garbage in my bucket!
Honestly, if you are just looking for trade bait and not the thrill of opening boxes, you are MUCH better off buying singles.

But half the reason I collect is because I like opening boxes. They are my own personal (expensive) sports memorabilia-themed scratch off lottery tickets!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's