Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thought I would get opinions and advice on what steps to take in order to resolve the issue in a proper manner.

Recently reached an agreement with a fellow forum member. We each agreed to trade one for one (each card approximately 300 OPG value). I offered to send first since I had only one trade feedback rating and was the new member to beckett forums. I sent my item on 16 September. I just found out today that the partner who I initiated the trade with (his wife) had recently sold the item that he agreed to trade me. Currently, he claims he is in the process of shipping my card back to me.

Obviously, the trade experience could have been worse. However, I am curious what steps, if any, do I need to take?? (i.e. poor feedback, discuss the issue with the trader, notify mods, etc) Or should I just ignore the issue??

I am not one to whine/gripe/complain, also, I prefer to not mention the user's name (it very well could have been an honest mistake). However, I feel that regardless of the case, there was a half-hearted attempt to resolve the issue in a prompt and courteous manner on the trader's behalf.

any advice/opinions are welcome. thanks in advance.
Notify the mods, and let them know that a member is making deals to trade cards, then selling the cards, after agreeing to the trade deal, then leave him negative feedback which he rightfully deserves, hopefully the mods will ban him, so that he cannot continue this practice here.
thx for the feedback; how do I notify a mod??
(09-26-2011 09:11 PM)coureymarshall Wrote: [ -> ]thx for the feedback; how do I notify a mod??

Send a pm to floydtown
(09-26-2011 07:34 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]Notify the mods, and let them know that a member is making deals to trade cards, then selling the cards, after agreeing to the trade deal, then leave him negative feedback which he rightfully deserves, hopefully the mods will ban him, so that he cannot continue this practice here.

Whoa!!!! Hold on a second. I think your advice is jumping the gun just a little bit. It very well could have been an honest mistake. If the poster agreed to send first, it is possible the other trader did not attempt to pull the card from his collection until the poster's card arrived. You are making it sound like the guy is doing this repeatedly. If it turns out this is a one-time thing and he returns the card there is no reason to have the member banned.
I have repeatedly requested delivery confirmation. Item was marked as shipped over 24 hours ago. No delivery confirmation has been provided. The member is a regular user. He has credibility based on his trade ratings. However, this is a "half-a$$" attempt to lack of respect/integrity to make an effort to resolve the issue. (my opinion)

I don't have a problem with the whole ordeal. I just have an issue with how he is handling the situation. See messages below: His name has been replaced with "XX"

coureymarshall | 09/27/2011 12:49 PM
sorry for the extra message, but please provide a delivery confirmation number when you get the chance, thanks again!
coureymarshall | 09/27/2011 9:47 AM
did you get a chance to provide the delivery confirmation? thanks again! -Courey
coureymarshall | 09/26/2011 12:53 PM
thanks, can you also provide the delivery confirmation??
XX | 09/26/2011 12:42 PM
XX marked their items as shipped
XX | 09/26/2011 12:42 PM
XX completed all steps in the trade
coureymarshall | 09/26/2011 10:21 AM
ok thanks. go ahead and send it today, please. I appreciate the heads-up. Provide delivery confirmation as well. thanks again!
XX | 09/26/2011 10:11 AM
NO I have not sent it back yet. I will get it out today. I was waiting for you to let me know if you saw something else. I am going to Frank and Son's this week. If I find a rice rookie psa 9 I will contact you too.
coureymarshall | 09/26/2011 9:58 AM
Have you sent the card back yet? if not, please do so and provide delivery confirmation. thanks.
XX | 09/23/2011 11:14 PM
I have to send your card back. My wife sold the card at the show and I did not know. CMO if you want to see if you want anything else. If not I will ship your card tomorrow morning back
coureymarshall | 09/23/2011 2:29 PM
can you please provide delivery confirmation once you ship the card, thanks!
coureymarshall | 09/21/2011 6:52 PM
sounds good, thanks again!
XX | 09/21/2011 5:41 PM
Yes the card came in. I will be going to the safety deposit box tomorrow and get it out by friday
XX | 09/21/2011 5:40 PM
XX received their items
coureymarshall | 09/21/2011 12:32 AM
said it was delivered 17 September
coureymarshall | 09/21/2011 12:31 AM
I posted it in the previous comments: coureymarshall | 09/16/2011 6:39 PM sent; DC 0305 2710 0000 2237 7483
XX | 09/21/2011 12:06 AM
no. do you have a dc for it?
coureymarshall | 09/20/2011 10:16 PM
did you receive the Peterson/Lynch auto yet?
coureymarshall | 09/16/2011 9:05 PM
coureymarshall marked their items as shipped
coureymarshall | 09/16/2011 6:39 PM
sent; DC 0305 2710 0000 2237 7483
coureymarshall | 09/16/2011 4:36 AM
Sending card Friday morning. Will send DC once card is shipped. Thanks again for the patience in making the trade!
coureymarshall | 09/16/2011 4:34 AM
coureymarshall accepted an offer
XX | 09/16/2011 12:51 AM
XX sent an offer
I see nothing wrong with how he is handling the situation except that he hasn't provided you with a DC # yet. Do you know if he has been online since he marked the trade complete? Perhaps he is away from his computer. It has only been 1 day of no contact.
The issue isn't how he was handling the issue; the issue is his "lack" of handling the issue.

As stated, I have no problems except his lack of concern and half-hearted effort. In my opinion, his timeliness and disregard to be prompt in:
1) notifying me the card was no longer available
2) returning the card
shows a lack of respect and integrity for the people involved and their personal items. "sounds silly, but it is the truth"

If he lives 30 miles down the road (which he literally does), I would expect to find out within 3-4 days (max) that his card is no longer available as opposed to 10 days. Especially if the card for card trade values are approximately $300 per card.

A delivery confirmation was provided today. Issues are resolved. I appreciate all help and feedback. I guess this was my way of venting in a private matter without making the issues and people involved completely public.
I guess it all comes down to perspective. From your perspective, being out a $300 card makes each moment of uncertainty seem very long, whereas he is not in jeopardy of losing anything so he doesn't see the urgency. In reality, he probably should have considered the position you were in and made every effort to communicate promptly. I still don't think a negative is in order though, maybe just poor marks for communication.
I know you said it's over and done with, but just my 2c worth on the situation - I agree with greg. You need to 'settle down' a bit.

From what I can see there was no substantial delay in communication. The other person told you they needed to retrieve the card from a lock box 'by Friday' (the 23rd). On Friday the 23rd (presumably when they checked the lock box and noticed the card was gone) they messaged you to let them know of the error, and asked you to check and see if there was anything else you could use.

When you asked yesterday if they had sent the card back, they replied immediately that no they were waiting for you to answer their question about finding something else (which they did ask, and you never responded)

Then in the span of about 24 hours, you bugged them 4 times about the DC number...people aren't online 24 hours a day. Give them a reasonable chance to respond before continually harassing them.

Assuming you receive your card back, we don't ban people for an occasional inventory mistake - if we did I doubt there'd be a one of us left. Hopefully the other person took it as a lesson learned to verify they have cards before accepting trades.

But I hope too you take a lesson of 'patience' when it comes to trading online, because frankly, that's the overall impression I come away with based on the exchange between the two of you.

Anyway, that's my 2c. Take it for what it's worth...or don't. Just some friendly advice from someone who's been around the trading block once or twice.
(09-27-2011 02:31 PM)coureymarshall Wrote: [ -> ]As stated, I have no problems except his lack of concern and half-hearted effort. In my opinion, his timeliness and disregard to be prompt in:
1) notifying me the card was no longer available

He notified you the same day he presumably found it missing from the lock box.

Quote:2) returning the card

He asked you to respond to a question on a Friday, you didn't respond all weekend (should you be knocked a star or two on communication then too??), and then on Monday he sent your card back...I find it hard pressed to call that a lack of timeliness or prompt communication.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's