Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK - I recently put up my Moss NFL Logo on eBay just to test the waters, had a HUGE starting price on it but that was again just to test the water. Have a BUNCH of people interested in it but told myself just keep it as Moss is my favorite offensive player, however Mario Williams is my favorite Defensive player and my player collection of him is absolutely insane as I have so much of his stuff including most of his 1/1's - except for his Exq NFL Logo 1/1 Autograph RC, which just popped on eBay with a $600.00 BIN or b/o - have talked to the seller and the lowest he'd go on it is $500.00. What I can do, but its painful to do so is work out a deal with another and basically have another buy the Mario and then me trade him the Moss - now I know Moss is worth more, but then again my Mario collection is so much better from a % owned of his cards. So I just don't know if I should do this or not, now I know most don't collect Defensive players but what would you do in my shoes if it were your two favorite guys, and you were in the same situation. Here's the Moss I would be sacrificing to the Mario gods.

[Image: mossnflpatch1of1front.jpg]

I'm leaning towards getting the Mario but I so do love this Moss card, but then again this Mario would then be my favorite card and would look so sweet sitting with these :

[Image: LeinartLot003.jpg]

[Image: 60272_1630593323886_1208215182_1774441_7036677_n.jpg]

ADVICE - help me decide what to do!!!!!! UUUGGGHHH!!! I would just buy the Mario but my cash has all been spent and it will take me a week or two to come up with the money and I don't want Mario to go elsewhere, if it does then my mind has been made for me and I won't be to heart broken to keep Randy!!
How much could you get by selling the Moss? If more than what you need to buy the Mario you might as well. Personally I would keep the Moss, but if you collect Mario it may be better for you.

Def a tough choice.
Just tell the person you will buy the Mario but you need two weeks to get the dough. Odds are the other guy will accept this proposal and you wont lose the Moss.
i like bakers idea, try to keep them both. You got other stuff you can work with im guessing. Dont let your favorite card go cuz then itll feel bitter sweet getting the mario
I just posted the Moss on the Bay for $3,000.00 or best offer - if I can get more for the Moss I'll sell it I think and buy Mario - now watch I'll sell Moss go to buy Mario and poof someone will have punched that ticket!!

Would love it if he would wait but he's keeping the auction up so - ?? UUGGHHH

Any other thoughts....
keep that moss, man!

he is a proven talent. i've loved seeing your moss collection over the years you've been on the board...but then again, it isn't my collection.

whatever you decide will be the right decision. (what crap advice, right??) Smile
Only you can decide, but for me, if you are trying to get all the Marios out there, it is your time, I am not sure why that seller wants $600 for it though... Crazy prices on eBay at times... Player to player Moss is way better, but I
Know you want the Mario really bad... Good luck with your decision...
I'd definitely keep the Moss, no matter what you end up doing. Moss is easily one of the NFL's Greatest Wideouts ever, and while Mario Williams certainly is a talent, I don't see any card of Mario's ever living up to the value of that Moss.
Best of luck with your decision, and I hope you end up getting them both! Smile
(09-22-2011 08:43 PM)dewdrinker Wrote: [ -> ]I just posted the Moss on the Bay for $3,000.00 or best offer - if I can get more for the Moss I'll sell it I think and buy Mario - now watch I'll sell Moss go to buy Mario and poof someone will have punched that ticket!!

Would love it if he would wait but he's keeping the auction up so - ?? UUGGHHH

Any other thoughts....

Did you show him your PC? Typically any person out there is willing to help out a TRUE collector.
(09-22-2011 09:54 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you show him your PC? Typically any person out there is willing to help out a TRUE collector.

This could also backfire in a lot of cases, as the guy will know he's willing to pay top dollar for the item.

Sadly I feel like most people are in it for the $$ and could care less about helping someone out.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's