Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All,

I have been unable to find answers to this on the site...

When you complete a trade, do the quantities in organize get updated? I.e., does it increment the HAVE and decrement the TRADE FOR columns?
When you trade cards away, does it decrement the TRADE AWAY column?

If not, is it supposed to but it doesn't work yet, or are we supposed to plan to modify these manually?

Also, after a trade, what cards get moved into the Recently Traded folder... cards you traded for or cards you traded away, or both?

Thanks in advance,
Arik
(09-22-2011 05:15 PM)aflorimonte Wrote: [ -> ]does it increment the HAVE and decrement the TRADE FOR columns?

For the cards you trade FOR...it doesn't adjust anything already in your organize. A new entry for each card you trade FOR is placed in your 'Recently Traded" folder with HAVE = 1

Quote:When you trade cards away, does it decrement the TRADE AWAY column?

Yes, and also your HAVE column.

Quote:Also, after a trade, what cards get moved into the Recently Traded folder... cards you traded for or cards you traded away, or both?

Both...as stated above cards you trade for are placed in there as all new entries, cards you trade away are added to that collection, but are not removed from collections that you may have had them in before. Quantities though are adjusted as noted above.
Thank you for the reply!

(09-22-2011 06:17 PM)ceocards Wrote: [ -> ]For the cards you trade FOR...it doesn't adjust anything already in your organize. A new entry for each card you trade FOR is placed in your 'Recently Traded" folder with HAVE = 1

So, the card that I marked as TRADE FOR>0 remains in my collection with the same quantity for HAVE and TRADE FOR, and a copy is put into Recently Traded, with HAVE=1.

So, you have to update each card manually while cross-referencing to the trade invoice... otherwise you will end up trading for the same cards over and over. This could take a lot of time for large trades that span many collections.

Is this by design, or will it eventually be corrected?

Thanks again,
Arik
Yep, you got it, you have to update your "wants" after every trade. This is a new feature for the new and improved site! I've been asking that same question for months and haven't gotten an answer. no one knows.
Also it doesn't always update the traded away cards correctly. I made a trade and the card was still marked for trade after.
Yep, i get that too. this is another exciting new feature of the new and improved site! the best thing to do is update all of your trades manually.
Can somebody help me with this? I traded away a card I had 2 of. The trade function automatically updated my quantity but then I have the same card in my original collection as well as the recently traded collection. When I try to delete it from the recently traded collection it deletes the card from my original collection as well. Is there something Im doing wrong?Its a paint to have to go through and re add them manually .
(09-23-2011 07:01 PM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody help me with this? I traded away a card I had 2 of. The trade function automatically updated my quantity but then I have the same card in my original collection as well as the recently traded collection. When I try to delete it from the recently traded collection it deletes the card from my original collection as well. Is there something Im doing wrong?Its a paint to have to go through and re add them manually .

This from my observation...

A card you trade away gets the "Recently Traded" tag added to it. So it's one card that lives in whatever collection(s) you had it in before, as well as recently traded. If you trash it, it removes it from everywhere, as you noticed.

The way to deal with this is delete the Recently Traded tag from the card. Unfortunately, there's no way to do this in bulk. And each time you remove a tag from a card, the screen reloads back to your organize. Whatever sort or search you were in before vanishes.

Arik
(09-23-2011 07:06 PM)aflorimonte Wrote: [ -> ]This from my observation...

A card you trade away gets the "Recently Traded" tag added to it. So it's one card that lives in whatever collection(s) you had it in before, as well as recently traded. If you trash it, it removes it from everywhere, as you noticed.

The way to deal with this is delete the Recently Traded tag from the card. Unfortunately, there's no way to do this in bulk. And each time you remove a tag from a card, the screen reloads back to your organize. Whatever sort or search you were in before vanishes.

Arik

How do you remove the tag?
(09-23-2011 07:23 PM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]How do you remove the tag?

The way that I know is: with "show tags" enabled, click on the X that appears on the tag.

You can show/hide tags in organize with a button along the top of collection, just under where it shows how many haves, wants, etc.

-Arik
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's