Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Example: I have a stack of 2011 Topps Chrome commons i want to enter. I put them in order so i can quickly move down the list on Beckett. I check the ones i have, and add them to my new 2011 Topps Chrome collection. NOW i have to go to the collection, and walk through all of my cards again, to figure out which duplicates i have, so i can enter them into the "Have" column. As im moving through the column, entering the amount of cards i have of each card, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, etc...i can't tab from column to column. I have to hit tab like 3 times as it cycles through other columns to get to the next empty "Have" box. Before the upgrade to the website, i used to be able to quickly tab through and enter the numbers. Ive tried this on all web browsers and none will let me move quickly. Also, is there not a way to add a card and in the process go ahead and let it know you have 2 of them? Am i just missing something?
No, you are not missing anything. You cannot add quantities as you add them to organize. As for entering quantities once they are in your collection, I just use my mouse to migrate between fields. It seems to be the quickest way.
or use auto-fill
(09-19-2011 08:00 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]or use auto-fill

Yes, good point. Autofill and then make the few adjustments you need for multiple copies.
(09-19-2011 08:05 AM)greg2424 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, good point. Autofill and then make the few adjustments you need for multiple copies.

That's what I do.

Set up a 'dummy' collection (I call mine "TEMP") and any time I add new cards to my org, I send them there.

After they're all added, I autofill everything to show "1"...and then go back and adjust the few I get more than one of.

After all the quantities are edited, then go back and move them to the collection I want them in permanently.
I use the tab key to move from field to field in organize too. I've noticed that different browsers don't go through all the fields and some do.
Another option would be to use the Custom Layout to select your Description and Have columns only. That will keep the tabbing to a minimum. When you're done, you can go back to one of the other layout options.

-Traci
All good tips! Thanks for the responses!
Reference URL's