Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Check this out, I am dumbfounded over this. While they are extremely cool, all i can feel is i sure hope this isnt what happens, or at least reserved for extremely rare and far between 1/1 or up to /3's. i like some traditions, and cards should stay relatively true to its core roots.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw that video. I thought to myself "are you kidding me?Sad". "Is this what we got to look forward to?". Only at that moment did I start feeling that the hobby was in a real decline towards extinction.
I don't like it either, but I don't mind it if it stays in a very limited quantity. I almost fell out of my chair when the Panini rep said it's a traditional trading card, but came to realize he probably meant the measurements of it even though it is really thick.
We started with recycled brown paper with a player's name and photo, then we went to refractors and chrome, then came along game used and patches and autos and even bugs! Now we can get high def resolution video cards. It's called evolution. The core roots to me would be, paper and the player on it.
Good luck to anyone who's gonna "fake" this video like a patch! Smile
reminds me of old gameboys too for some reason. It just wouldnt feel traditional to me. Kinda like if you were to replace your ol whittling knife with a electric wood lathe kinda feel. I got sports on my TV every chance i get anyway, why put em on a card with a TV some of us can barely see?
(08-28-2011 02:18 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: [ -> ]reminds me of old gameboys too for some reason. It just wouldnt feel traditional to me. Kinda like if you were to replace your ol whittling knife with a electric wood lathe kinda feel. I got sports on my TV every chance i get anyway, why put em on a card with a TV some of us can barely see?

Iono... Same reason why most of us carry around high powered cellphones that we only use now for texting and the internet.
When they started putting players jerseys on a card in the 90's you didn't like that? Or when everyone started graded? Man, I loved it!
LoL

I remember when Finest first came out! The dealers were like, "you gotta see these! They're made out of metal!"
"Metal?"
"Yeah, metal... Chrome!"
"Chrome?! Really?!"
"Yeah! And the rare ones are called refractors cuz they refract light!"
"......... what's a refractor?!"

LOL I remember those days...
im the only guy around that i know who still has a older then dirt cell. Remember the nextel kind where you had to pull out the antenna? Thats me lol, i just dont use em or as fascinated with em as my wife is, who has some sorta galaga thing or whatever its called.

Nothing wrong with gameboy cards, i just hope they dont completely replace good ol roots cards. I would hate the darn battery to be always dying on my cards of all thingsSmile
stupid. And I don't mean in the hippityhop way either. Nothing more than an ipod with a trading card skin.

Now, if it's able to play other media... cool.
(08-28-2011 06:11 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: [ -> ]im the only guy around that i know who still has a older then dirt cell. Remember the nextel kind where you had to pull out the antenna? Thats me lol, i just dont use em or as fascinated with em as my wife is, who has some sorta galaga thing or whatever its called.

Nothing wrong with gameboy cards, i just hope they dont completely replace good ol roots cards. I would hate the darn battery to be always dying on my cards of all thingsSmile

Oh I remember the backpack and suitcase mobiles! Lol

Now, if it's able to play other media... cool.
[/quote]

Oh I think that's coming! Smile
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It's the natural progression from the "film strip" card. It makes a cool 1/1 though. Pretty soon we will be able to buy a card with a piece of the players DNA.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's