Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Hobby or Addiction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Which one do you think you have?
What's the difference?

Hobby-an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation

Addiction -the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice
I would consider myself a lil bit of both, more with the second
Both

I still enjoy the thrill of busting packs but my main PC has taken over and i chase every card i need and save money for the rare ones.

Its still a fun hobby but it can get to be a bit of a addiction.
use to be an addiction...current product = border line hobby
little of both but i would say the second one more
I'm addicted, I actually think I need an intervention. I just like opening shiny packs. I stopped collecting trading cards and went to Magic, didn't like the game, just wanted to open packs. Back collecting now... It's getting bad, I think I need to step back or give myself a monthly budget.
I'd say an addiction. I can go for a while without busting boxes/packs (only for financial reasons) but I love opening trying to chase the big hit. I probably would have better odds in Vegas...lol
I am always on the brink of addiction. I find myself binging on Ebay and at LCS, then abruptly stopping to try and keep myself in check.
I need a 12 step program to get me off the cards!
Just like the others said, I'd say a bit of both, but closer to the first one I would have to say. But at one point I would also say that it may have leaned more to the addiction side....lol
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's