Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I hate to say this...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But Cam Newton looked pretty good. I mean, NFL pretty good... He looked good in a QB driven NFC South.
It's still the preseason. I wouldn't overreact to anything that happens in preseason action.
Granted, he looked decent, buuuuuttttt...

1) It's a preseason game
2) Against 2nd, 3rd, and lower team players jockeying for a spot on the team
3) Let's see how he does against a midseason defense, working together as a unit.

For the near future, I see a similar career as Tebow's. Newton needs to learn to pass in the pro game, which is way different than running in the college game.
Yeah, BUT he read the D??? Even if it was the second or third, he surprisingly read the D. =) Surprising aint it?
(08-14-2011 03:35 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, BUT he read the D??? Even if it was the second or third, he surprisingly read the D. =) Surprising aint it?

yea I agree it was a little surprising
(08-14-2011 03:27 AM)all day baby Wrote: [ -> ]Granted, he looked decent, buuuuuttttt...

1) It's a preseason game
2) Against 2nd, 3rd, and lower team players jockeying for a spot on the team
3) Let's see how he does against a midseason defense, working together as a unit.

For the near future, I see a similar career as Tebow's. Newton needs to learn to pass in the pro game, which is way different than running in the college game.

+1
I like Cam Newton and hope he succeeds-
I am a Panther fan so it was exciting to watch. My observations of Cam were mostly positive. The kid just looks poised when he is on the field. Clausen on the other hand just looks nervous. When Cam came in last night his first drive was awesome. That was because he had targets out there to throw to like Olsen. I will make more critical judgement when they give him Olsen, Smith, Lafell, Nanee, and dwill/stewart at the rb position. Overall though the kid has a rocket arm and delivered some bullets that were dropped by backup wr's. Think he will be something special, and we need that here in Carolina.
Reference URL's