Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
first off just want to start by saying wow i miss the hobby and being on here.... I rarely hop on here anymore, been very busy with work, start college in 2 weeks (first time in college) and now I am soon about to purchase my first vehicle....... I'm obviouslyyyy pretty psyched!!!! Smile

once im more settled in with everything I hope to make a come back in the hobby

but to the OT part...... i'd like to ask some of you about a car auction, I found a place to go but I'm really not sure about how it works, I've never done it before

do you need an auction license or can anybody go in there and purchase a vehicle?
I also see with the pre-sale cars that there are big name dealerships with it like David Maus, Courtesy, ETC. (Is this just the co-signor for cars with monthly payments, then cars that just take a one time payment would be considered the "outside sales"? ---I would assume thats how that part works

any input would be greatly appreciated about this......... thanks everyone!
it all depends on what kind of auction u go to some you can go to as a outsider and put bids in on cars other car auctions you need a dealer license to get the cars. the ones that anyone can go to tend to have older higher mileage cars for auction opposed to dealer auctions who have newer cars with low mileage the kind you would see on the car lot
All the ones in my area nees a dealers license.
What do you need to know. I go every week. Sometime twice a week. Been going over 20 years now. My family has owned dealerships for over 40 years.

Most of the auctions in the country are own by Manheim Auctions and they are all open to dealers only, closed to the public. The pre-sale cars you see online with dealer names, are cars that they bring to the auction because they didn't sell on the lot. Most good dealerships only keep used cars up to 90 days, and if doesn't sell it goes to the auction. All sales are cash and carry unless your approved for a dealer credit line from the auction. You would have to have a dealer buy the car for you. Any public auction is really just a used car dealer fronting as an auction.
Manheim auto auctions my home town!!!!place is booming lol
(08-11-2011 08:39 PM)MARINES21 Wrote: [ -> ]Manheim auto auctions my home town!!!!place is booming lol

You live in Lancaster County, PA? I'm there a couple times a month...
Yes sir I do I work about 5 min from the auctions by the Lancaster airport!!! I'm always working around the auction as well!! Are u there for awhile or just the normal Friday auction day?
Manheim is very common to be used at car dealerships. However being a typical person and a not a dealer you wouldn't be able to buy from them, you have to be a dealer. However you can buy cars off auction sites like ebay or small independent auction houses if you pre register. More or less the big time places in which you will find are dealer only but I hope you can find a good place. As far as financing (you said something about co-signer) any auction that ive seen requires you to pay on the spot, they don't offer in house financing.
(08-11-2011 09:17 PM)MARINES21 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes sir I do I work about 5 min from the auctions by the Lancaster airport!!! I'm always working around the auction as well!! Are u there for awhile or just the normal Friday auction day?

I leave my house at 4am to get there by 9 for the Friday sale.
Yea I know a lot of ppl that leave real early to get there Friday! FYI we have a card show coming up in sept at the park city mall u should go we could meet up if u stay around for a extra day or so!!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's