Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Graded card question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Came across this 2001 Vick SP card during my searches for more Vick's to add to the PC. It's a nice looking card that has been encapsulated by Beckett with a "authentic" grade. Does anyone know the reason for this instead of receiving a numerical grade? Has it been altered or something? A link is below to the card in question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-SP-Authentic-Mi..._500wt_922
Because it didnt meet minium grade or they had it encased authentic because patch could be questionable to potenial buyers?
I believe it was just authenticated not graded.
So the authentic grade means it hasn't been altered by changing the patch with a more desirable one?
I've been in contact with that seller cause that's a card I want....its to verify the patch
(08-03-2011 08:29 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: [ -> ]I've been in contact with that seller cause that's a card I want....its to verify the patch

Ok, I was leery of that... Glad to hear. I don't have the cash to buy it, are you planning on picking it up? It's a nice looking card.
(08-03-2011 08:09 PM)seaw0lf Wrote: [ -> ]Came across this 2001 Vick SP card during my searches for more Vick's to add to the PC. It's a nice looking card that has been encapsulated by Beckett with a "authentic" grade. Does anyone know the reason for this instead of receiving a numerical grade? Has it been altered or something? A link is below to the card in question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-SP-Authentic-Mi..._500wt_922
If I have a card that I know won't grade a 9.0 (or 8.5 for a thick, old or limited card), I'll have it authenticated. This especially true for patches that might be deemed fake a few years down the road.
$1900... wow... I only wish I had that much cash.
Would never buy a vick for that much......
Wish I had bought up his stuff when he was in jail lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's