Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so last night my boy Derek Anderson signs with the Panthers. Of course I'm partial to him and am gonna believe no matter how unrealistic it is that he'll be the starter come Game 1. Here's why (and don't hate, it's just my thoughts).....

1. Anderson is reunited with coord. Chud from the Browns where he had his best year(s).

2. We all know Clausen isn't starting either way. He's horrible.

3. With the new rookie contracts teams won't feel obligated to start their 1st round picks and let them develop.

4. Yes Cam was the number 1 overall but does he really have what it takes to be the complete qb and start all games?

5. And lastly, I just have that gut feeling. My other boy David Carr had his shot with the Panthers so superstition tells me it's just meant to be.

What do you all think? And be cool about it. I think I've made it clear these are just my crazy root for my guy opinions.
Its plausible but with all the moves they made in FA can you imagine what fans would say seeing Anderson trotting out there week 1 as the starter? I dont think they will like that at all.
(08-03-2011 12:33 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Its plausible but with all the moves they made in FA can you imagine what fans would say seeing Anderson trotting out there week 1 as the starter? I dont think they will like that at all.

Good point but its either him a one time pro bowler under the same coordinater, creepy forehead Clausen (sorry I had to) or a unproven rookie that if you know football at all know he isn't as good ad the hype he brings. If the fans can be realistic for one minute they'll realize Anderson may be they're best shot up front. The Panthers would just need to know when to pull the trigger if D.A. falls back into his funk.
(08-03-2011 12:39 AM)rgf17 Wrote: [ -> ]Good point but its either him a one time pro bowler under the same coordinater, creepy forehead Clausen (sorry I had to) or a unproven rookie that if you know football at all know he isn't as good ad the hype he brings. If the fans can be realistic for one minute they'll realize Anderson may be they're best shot up front. The Panthers would just need to know when to pull the trigger if D.A. falls back into his funk.

Lol I literally laughed out loud at that. I always thought he looked like a caveman myself
(08-03-2011 01:02 AM)aviat0rshades Wrote: [ -> ]Lol I literally laughed out loud at that. I always thought he looked like a caveman myself

He actually scares me a bit.
I think D.A. will be the #2 (or 3) QB. Pike will probably be gone before the season starts b/c of D.A.'s arrival. I really think the Panthers fully intend to start Cam. He was working with the stars of the offense during the lockout. He's had the playbook for months now and has gotten to know the offensive starters and work with them. If Cam doesn't do well after a few games, I think they'd put Derek in before they would put Jimmy in.
you know jimmy is gonna want out of there as well.
I think Pike should be Kept over DA. Pike has more potential
its same situation with TEBOW.. fans want tebow and fans want CAM.. but ultimately they signed derek anderson for a reason... derek gets one more shot before cam takes over the pilots position. Even though a headline yesterday stated " panthers WOWED by cam".. doesnt look good for derek at all.

But to even think of what he did with the browns,who did he have to throw to..? then in arizona he was given the best wide receiving group in the world and flopped.. idk. tough call.
They have to put Cam in. They wouldnt have bothered drafting him number one if they didnt think he was ready. Anderson probably there to help guide him. Claussen is just there lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's