Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of a way to choose what column show up in organize when someone else views your public collections. I have a player collection that includes lots of variations and errors that are differentiated by the comments section when I am in organize. However, when you view the public profile I see no way to make the comments section show up. It makes it look like I am showing the exact same card over and over when in fact they are actually different. Any suggestions, or is this just not something you are able to do at the current time?
(07-22-2011 10:25 PM)katieneack Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know of a way to choose what column show up in organize when someone else views your public collections. I have a player collection that includes lots of variations and errors that are differentiated by the comments section when I am in organize. However, when you view the public profile I see no way to make the comments section show up. It makes it look like I am showing the exact same card over and over when in fact they are actually different. Any suggestions, or is this just not something you are able to do at the current time?

Error cards have their own listing such as:

1981 Donruss #7A Duffy Dyer P1#{(1980 batting average#{has decimal point}

1981 Donruss #7B Duffy Dyer P2#{(1980 batting average#{has no decimal point}

The other cards are mistakes and don't demand a premium when pricing them. Therefore there is no way to list them separately.

Ray
I had the same with some unlisted print/foil variations from 1997-98 Skybox premium basketball and 1997-98 Stadium Club Basketball with the stadium club variants being glaringly obvious to the naked eye. Plus there's the thing with retail and hobby - over the last few years, beckett has not been recognising many retail variants or retail exclusive inserts.
[quote='ktcardshop' pid='1634876' dateline='1311426983']

The other cards are mistakes and don't demand a premium when pricing them. Therefore there is no way to list them separately.

Ray

True - There are many variations (not error cards) that are simply mistakes and don't carry a premium. However, this is definitely not always the case. Being a player collector, I have seen lots of cards that are mistakes or unreleased proofs carry huge premiums. For example, I have a have a 1993 finest proof card, similar to a vault proof from the fleer bankruptcy. I had to outbid several people to win this card for $35.00. The regular version books for $4.00 I believe. In my collection I show this by duplicating the regular version and putting the comments in to differentiate it. These are the types of cards that I was referring to.

Thanks,
Kyle
(07-24-2011 08:55 AM)katieneack Wrote: [ -> ][quote='ktcardshop' pid='1634876' dateline='1311426983']

Ray

True - There are many variations (not error cards) that are simply mistakes and don't carry a premium. However, this is definitely not always the case. Being a player collector, I have seen lots of cards that are mistakes or unreleased proofs carry huge premiums. For example, I have a have a 1993 finest proof card, similar to a vault proof from the fleer bankruptcy. I had to outbid several people to win this card for $35.00. The regular version books for $4.00 I believe. In my collection I show this by duplicating the regular version and putting the comments in to differentiate it. These are the types of cards that I was referring to.

Thanks,
Kyle

Yes, but these are all cards in your personal collection and not cards that you put up for trade. Anybody looking to trade will not see them because 'For Trade' is zeroed out.

Ray
(07-22-2011 10:25 PM)katieneack Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know of a way to choose what column show up in organize when someone else views your public collections. I have a player collection that includes lots of variations and errors that are differentiated by the comments section when I am in organize. However, when you view the public profile I see no way to make the comments section show up. It makes it look like I am showing the exact same card over and over when in fact they are actually different. Any suggestions, or is this just not something you are able to do at the current time?

I will answer your main Q seeing as though it wasn't.
From what I know comments wont show up when I look at your ORG the same for anyone else. It would be nice if they added that though.
Reference URL's