Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Organizing Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If i have multiple cards of many players & want to trade 1 each i create a folder for the trade & add those cards there. However it shows total quantity & if i change it to 1 then that quantity changes of that card in any folder. The old site allowed the individual folder to be modified w/out changes in other folders or all items. Any way to do this besides putting them in an actual trade? I want to do the folder first to get a pricing idea.
I think what you are wanting to do is create a duplicate record of the individual cards that you want to trade. Then tag one record of the card in a "trade" folder and tag the other into a PC folder.
(07-22-2011 01:53 PM)greg2424 Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you are wanting to do is create a duplicate record of the individual cards that you want to trade. Then tag one record of the card in a "trade" folder and tag the other into a PC folder.

i marked the new folder for trade but it carries all the info with it, is there a specific trade folder or collection? thx for any help.
You have to duplicate the record.

First, make sure that you click on 'Show Tags' and it says 'Hide Tads".

Second, open a new collection (Trade?)

Third, On the far right of the listing for the card there is a little circle made from two arrows, Click on this and it will duplicate the card.

Fourth, on one of the duplicates click on the box and highlight it.

Fifth, go to the top and click on 'Add To v' and type 'trade' in the dropdown box and the duplicated card will be added to your 'trade' collection.

Sixth, go to the 'original collection' and click on the little x in the 'trade' tag box. This will delete the card from the 'original collection'

Seventh, go to the 'trade' collection and click on the little x in the 'original collection' box. This will delete the card from the 'Trade' Collection.

Eighth, Repeat these steps for each card that you want to move to the trade box.

When you have done all of this you still won't have any luck trading unless you mark the 'Trade Away' box with the number of cards that you have to trade in the 'trade' collection.

OR!

Just leave the original collection as is and mark the boxes like this:

Have - 2
Trade for - 0
Trade Away - 1

This will do the same thing and will give potential traders access to your wantlist.

Ray
Reference URL's