Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to keep the "Add To" drop down from retaining the previous collection used without reloading the collection. Why it retains the collection is beyond me. Retaining the collection has no function and all it does is get in the way. It takes additional steps to get rid of it so another "transaction" can take place. Unless I am missing something....
(07-20-2011 11:50 PM)trince Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to keep the "Add To" drop down from retaining the previous collection used without reloading the collection. Why it retains the collection is beyond me. Retaining the collection has no function and all it does is get in the way. It takes additional steps to get rid of it so another "transaction" can take place. Unless I am missing something....

It normally defaults to the one you just added to or to another folder, at least thats how mine is working.
It's a programming problem. They fail to clear the buffer when loading the next page. I've found the best way around it is to open a collection that has zero cards in it and it will clear the buffer. Works every time.

I was just thinking about how I have become so used to the glitches that I use the workarounds automatically without thinking about them. There are so many little glitches that you don't even notice them any more.

What is Beckett going to do. Wait two years and then unveil a new improved web site that will eventually take care of all of the problems [Image: exclamation.gif]

Ray
(07-20-2011 11:50 PM)trince Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to keep the "Add To" drop down from retaining the previous collection used without reloading the collection. Why it retains the collection is beyond me. Retaining the collection has no function and all it does is get in the way. It takes additional steps to get rid of it so another "transaction" can take place. Unless I am missing something....

i actually find it helpful. just delete the last letter of the inherent collection in the drop down if you want to add it again. if you want to add to another collection, just use crtl+A to highlight all the text then type in the collection (first couple letters is good enough)
(07-21-2011 07:33 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]i actually find it helpful. just delete the last letter of the inherent collection in the drop down if you want to add it again. if you want to add to another collection, just use crtl+A to highlight all the text then type in the collection (first couple letters is good enough)

Thanks. I have been deleting letters or right clicking and select all. I get tired of not remembering to move my mouse cursor out of the way of the drop down because it will select one of the collections and type the text in with that collection title.
I don't understand why it is there. It only slows the process down. If it is a glitch... it should have been picked up.
(07-21-2011 07:01 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: [ -> ]It's a programming problem. They fail to clear the buffer when loading the next page. I've found the best way around it is to open a collection that has zero cards in it and it will clear the buffer. Works every time.

I was just thinking about how I have become so used to the glitches that I use the workarounds automatically without thinking about them. There are so many little glitches that you don't even notice them any more.

What is Beckett going to do. Wait two years and then unveil a new improved web site that will eventually take care of all of the problems [Image: exclamation.gif]

Ray

THanks. Gottcha with the work arounds. I had just gotten used to the work arounds with the old site and now learning the new ones. Lots more work arounds with this version. If this version wasn't faster.....
(07-21-2011 07:33 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]i actually find it helpful. just delete the last letter of the inherent collection in the drop down if you want to add it again. if you want to add to another collection, just use crtl+A to highlight all the text then type in the collection (first couple letters is good enough)

I think controlA works better. Leaves my mouse cursor over the Add To so I don't interfere with the drop down box when I enter text.
Reference URL's