Your Turn (Beckett Baseball No. 65) — Who is the player you are prospecting right now?

By Chris Olds | Baseball Editor

You may have seen the Your Turn page in nearly every issue of Beckett Baseball where we showcase stuff that is all about you. You can see your comments on hobby topics and get chances to win cool stuff in contests all on one page. While we used to run this prompt for replies on the message board, we’re going to try it out here …

Here’s the next Your Turn question for issue No. 65, which will focus on prospecting:

Who is the player you are prospecting right now … and why? (BASEBALL ONLY)

Please include your name and location with your comment below — we will only run items with that information. A selection of your answers will appear in the next issue along with our next batch of contests and giveaways found only in the magazine.

1. Posted May 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Sean Watson. Now and always.

— Tom, Florida

2. Gellman
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Can’t tell you. Don’t want others copying me. But his name rhymes with Dice Larper.

3. Shawn Howland
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Going with all the young royals. Moustakas, Hosmer, Colon, Myers, Montgomery et al. The reason, I live in KC and am really excited to see these guys play

4. Jim
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

The young Mariners guys, Dustin Ackley, Justin Smoak, Michael Pineda, among others. I’ve always been a Mariners fan it’s going to be fun to watch these guys turn a crap M’s team into a competitor.

5. Sal Rinauro
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

The Braves future aces. Delgado and Teheran. I’m really looking forward to a starting 5 of those two, Hanson, Minor, and Beachy.

6. Kevin McDonald
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I am Going with Dillon Gee. We went to high school together and played on the same team in middle school football.

7. Brian Elliott
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

I follow and collect Zack Cox and Brett Eibner

8. Joe Mello
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

As a Royals fan who lives in Red Sox nation I collect Hosmer, Myers, Odorizzi and a Sox prospect in Cecchini.

Joe, Rhode Island

9. Steve Maitlen
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Jurickson Profar – He’ll develop and refine his skills in the minors for 3-5 years before getting called up. This should provide a decent window to pick up his key cards below market value. Buy low; sell high (and save some of the gems to showcase.)

10. Randall Roberson
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Many Indians Prospects. I am going all out on Drew Pomeranz and Jason Kipnis. I am starting on Zach Mcallister, whom the Indians got from the Yankees for nothing!

11. caleb wilson
    Posted May 28, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

As of now I am prospecting Stephen Strasburg because last year when 2010 Bowman baseball came out all the hype was focused on him, and I just couldn’t resist joining in on the fun so I bought at least one box of every product with Strasburg rookie cards! Even though he got injured I am still prospecting him and collecting his cards because I think that when he comes back his arrival will be just as anticipated!

12. Ryan
    Posted May 28, 2011 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I’d like to see Buster Posey do well this year. I’ll have more after the 2011 Draft.

13. Kevin
    Posted May 28, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I have been watching Joe Benson in the Twins system for a few years, and look forward to his arrival in the bigs. The way the Twins have been playing it may be sooner than later.

I have also been picking up Tony Sanchez cards when I can. I think he could be the next super star catcher.

Kevin from Virginia

14. Robert Leaman
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Harper, of course. But lots of other great prospects are getting lost in that buzz–Moustakas, Hosmer, Taillon, Trout, Ackley, Banuelos, etc.

15. Steve Maitlen
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Steve Maitlen, Indiana

16. caleb wilson, Gilbert AZ
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

17. Adrian Augustine
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

With the trades the Brewers made to acquire Zack Greinke and Shawn Marcum in the offseason, the minor league system is pretty bare without any A-grade prospects. Luckily, the Brewers will have the 12th and 15th picks in the upcoming MLB Draft. I look forward to collecting the players they draft.

18. Adrian Augustine
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Adrian
    Madison, WI

19. Jeff Paine
    Posted May 30, 2011 at 1:37 am | Permalink

NONE….pricing is out of hand on prospecting….you lose even if the player becomes a hall of famer! Just look at Strasburg last year and the great crop of rookies….Prices are high then the next year’s crop comes out and prices go down because the money is now going to the new rookies….It’s just crazy!!!! The only way make a profit is to buy the low end rookies when they come out and hope a late round draft choice makes it big….The last time that happened for me…Tom Brady.