Topps confirms Aflac autos for 2012 Bowman

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

This year’s Bowman set is just two days away from appearing in hobby shops and Topps had one more order of business to announce Monday as collectors are clamoring for info about what they might find.

The company released the names of the Aflac All-American autographs that can be found in the packs this year along with the quantity of the cards signed.

Eleven players made the list — see them all after the jump.

Sonny Gray — 200
Andrew Susac — 210
Jordan Swagerty — 210
Dillon Howard — 225
Gerrit Cole — 225
Stetson Allie — 230
Matt Purke — 230
Dillon Maples — 230
Austin Hedges — 240
Jose Fernandez — 240
Daniel Norris — 240

1. @Jaypers413
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

It would have been nice if there had been at least one super shortprint (aka Jacob Turner), but as long as they’re serialized this time I have no problem with it.

2. DEEEZ
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

NOW ALL WE NEED IS THE PROSPECT AUTOS GROUP BREAKDOWNS

3. Jim Jordan
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

Annoying that I already found this product at Target yesterday!

4. Jamie Case
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Keep buying that retail junk. More Hobby for the rest of us.

5. Posted May 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

HTA Jumbos have 3 Autographs per box with Purple Refractors #d/10 only in the HTA Jumbos.
    Can’t Wait for Wednesday!

6. Jason McCuddy
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Jamie- I would take retail rack packs over hobby almost everytime. Some of my best pulls have been from those $5 jumbos, and the retail exclusive autos over the last two years have stacked up well against the HTA stuff. I buy both retail and hobby jumbos, and I almost always do bettter on the retail jumbos.

7. Jason McCuddy
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

The retail blaster boxes and loose packs are junk though.

8. Jamie Case
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

If you were lucky like a few some stuff was out on Friday as some people were running one day auctions getting a jump on everyone.

9. keith
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Don’t most of these guys already have bowman autographs?

10. Jim Jordan
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Jamie- Didn’t say I bought it, just that I found it (saw it). I left the hobby for 7 years because as an owner of two card shops, I got sick and tired of retail showing up in advance of the hobby product. Sad to see that as I am getting back into cards, this type of stuff is still happening.

11. chrisolds
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

It may show up early, but there’s still no comparison between hobby and retail.

Frankly, I think retail needs to get better — or be the same as hobby packs — to seriously help the hobby out.

12. Jim Jordan
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

My issue, as a former dealer, was that many of my best customers just couldn’t stay loyal enough to wait til the hobby showed up. Many of them were “set makers” and you can do the base cards just as well from retail. It was frustrating to get the new product in and have them say, oh, I only need about a dozen cards to complete the set. Then they wouldn’t buy packs/boxes and would expect/ask me to bust my hobby to help them finish their base sets. Often a losing proposition more often than not, in small town Iowa. Just an observation…is all.